$200 Million per Day For Mumbai Trip

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 2, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

2. Just more "living large" on the public's dime... Borrowed funds, added to deficit, no doubt.

Nero and Caligula would have been proud.

One would think $200 Mil/day could be better spent on putting people to work or helping out our homeless.. Such profligate extravagance SHOULD piss people off even more. :(

3. Quite frankly I don't believe that news source. $200 million seems like an irrationally high number. No other news sources are reporting this that I know of. If anyone else has a more reliable source could you please post?

4. Bush,Obama or whoever,the safety of the President of The United States of America is priceless.

I also don't believe this 200 million a day figure.

5. I know the president needs security. But do you really need to bring THREE THOUSAND people with you? Jesus.

6. olias

olias

I agree. That figure should be scrutinized

7. i guess it just proves they dont trust the Indians to provide security. Hes bringing a small army there. if it was UK,Japan or China, i doubt as much money needs to be spent.

8. bs... entourage of 3000? while having to jump through hoops to deploy 10k of troops into a war effort?

9. The truth is the vast majority of these situations, any Market - bonds or equities will have a quick selloff and then rebound by the end of the week under ANY politically driven situation.

Security is just a way of saying "we need a slush fund for our politics"

10. pspr

pspr

I hope you are right!

#10     Nov 2, 2010