$200/day/contract trading emin500..is that good?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dojistarz, Dec 16, 2003.

1. RAY

RAY

In my humble opinion, scalping expecting your limit orders to be executed with a .5 loss will not work. Try it for a day with real orders and you will see what I am talking about.

But, for all I know your system has awesome entries, and you will be fine.

good luck

#11     Dec 17, 2003
  2. 2 tick target is ridiculous. The whole target thing is a bad idea anyway imo you take what the market gives you.

#12     Dec 17, 2003
  3. Hmm if it was swing simulation but scalp without taking slippage into account : NO especially with 2 ticks target haha :) !

#13     Dec 17, 2003
  4. ig0r

ig0r

What time frame are you trading on? Taking a 2-3 ticks is unrealistic in Ensign because you're avoiding the spread. When I first started out paper trading in Ensign I did the same thing and then I realized that real trading will never accomodate this ;) Instead I went from a 75 tick to a 343 tick and used the same method, started taking 2-3 points at a time with 0.50 losses, with 2 tick slippage + coms already in there. If you're scalping, you shouldnt be taking point losses, if you're wrong get out! If you want I'll post some charts of my method later, it's quite simple, just uses stochastic (for direction) and BB for entries. Donchian is also there for S/R, not very important though.

#14     Dec 17, 2003
  5. syd697

syd697

Technical study ECO is? Thanks.

#15     Dec 17, 2003
  6. pspr

pspr

I don't recall what ECO stands for but this is the Metastock formula I have seen for it. C=Close, O=Open, L=Low and E means EMA.

(Mov(Mov(C-O,5,E),26,E)/Mov(Mov(H-L,5,E),26,E))*100

#16     Dec 17, 2003
  7. axehawk

axehawk

I didn't do the exact calculations with the info you provided, but just knowing that you're risking $50 to make $25 will not work in the long term.

And papertrading is BS. I paper traded with Esignal and made $18,000 in 20 trading days scalping equities for 1000 share lots. Was that realistic for me? No. Because daytrading is all about getting the fills when you need them.

Good luck.

#17     Dec 17, 2003
  8. saico

saico

Your charts are very appreciated!

Saico

#18     Dec 17, 2003
  9. I don't see any charts. Where are they? I want to see them too... :)

#19     Dec 17, 2003
  10. H2O

H2O

As far as I know,

ECO = Ergothic Candelstick Oscillator (By Blau)

#20     Dec 17, 2003