200,000 American Unemployed Per Month Losing Unemployment Benefits

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Almost every problem we have can be tracked back to the root of the issue as being too many people on the planet.

Yet, nobody wants to talk about it. It is social or political suicide.

#11     Oct 27, 2009
  2. Lethn

Lethn

This is why I'm a firm advocate for space technology and it will probably be one of the first things I invest in if I make a lot of money in commodity trading.

#12     Oct 27, 2009
  3. As I've stated on here many times, I'm in the NYC area and I still don't know one unemployed person and it's been that way for the last 2 years.

That job list includes, cops, teachers, accountants, human resources, restaurant/club owners, traders, salesman, assorted white collar workers, and private business owners.

Even in the financial area- two friends who worked for Bear were kept on at JPM, my friend's department at Goldman had layoffs but he's still there, and my cousin was kept on at Wachovia after their merger.

The restaurants, bars, theaters, sports arenas/stadiums, etc are all crowded. Who is spending all that money?

#13     Oct 27, 2009
  4. I would hope we get a handle on population growth and division of resources before that tech is in place. Cause me thinks you will need a non revocable trust in place for your Great-Grandchildren-X-a-google for that invesment to pay off.

#14     Oct 27, 2009
  5. You are funny.

I am just pointing out a fact.

Unfortunately for some brains it is impossible to perceive positivism or at least keep a balanced view on things.

Doesn't mean people like that are bad. Has to do with chemistry of the brain, which can be fixed imo. 'You' wouldn't be able to understand either and that's fine.

#15     Oct 27, 2009
  6. There are millions of Americans looking for a job yet US govt is still granting green cards to worldwide, giving temporary work visas to overseas foreign college students (WAT) and granting working permit to any foreign student (OPT) who got a BS degree in the US.

Is US govt the stupidest govt ever or what?

#16     Oct 28, 2009

7. This might be a little deep for some of you, but therein lies one of the biggest issue's in America.

If you can't rely on family to help you in times of need then you've been fucked for a long, long time in ways you might not even recognize or understand. I don't care how broke her family is a family sticks together and helps each other out plain and simple.

During the depression, something like 12 members of my family all lived together at my grandfathers. They were all broke but they had each other and together they got through until things got better.

#17     Oct 29, 2009
  8. there are 6 applicants to every one job. extending Unemployment benefits does not matter in the job market right now. do you think the rise in unemployment is due to an increase in laziness?

#18     Oct 29, 2009
  9. MattF

MattF

6? Overall?

In many cases try like 60...minimum! That's of course for the junk jobs that anyone is so desperate to take these days...

#19     Oct 29, 2009
  10. Please.

I see "now hiring" signs at gas stations, Kings supermarket, restaurants, even fast food places.

There are plenty of jobs for people. It's just that the average American is lazy and thinks that certain jobs are beneath them.

I read an article on ET a few months back about a guy in Florida living in a million dollar home getting foreclosed who took a job delivering pizza b/c that's all he could get right now. Too bad guys like him are few and far between.

#20     Oct 29, 2009