20% return per month FX trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by fxtrader101, Oct 8, 2007.

1. frustrating time. would like to trade but cable got out of blocks too fast. hopefully can buy on a pullback providing risk reward strategy is honest.

#11     Oct 10, 2007
  2. Medowz

Medowz

Will you be holding any trades overnight?

Cheers!

#12     Oct 10, 2007
  3. Using 10% of capital per trade is one thing, losing 10% on every loser is another. 10 in a row and you are out of the game. Its only a matter of time before you blow out with horrible money management like this.

#13     Oct 10, 2007
  4. My apologies. 10% on every loser. my objective is too stay in the market. i didnt make that clear. after a loss. i gamble 10% of the remaining money on the next trade.

Currently short on Cable. up quite a bit. really wanted to go long but method said otherwise. one of the few times this has happened.

I hold trades until a target is met or until stop is reached or until my methodology tells me it has reversed which is usually the target. hope this clears it up. Will report results as per usual on each finishing trade and at end of month.

#14     Oct 11, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

10% is far too much risk per trade.

Get consistently profitable, then size up.

You are rushing into this. Bad idea.

#15     Oct 11, 2007
  6. welcome your critique but thats why i made this public to see if it can be done. i willl never make 20% per month on 5% position sizing. cant u understand that ?

that would require me to make 4 times as much to make 20% as it does now. I think i will b profitable.

#16     Oct 11, 2007
  7. Sobieski

Sobieski

hello again!

does your system tend to only give two signals a month?

I also think you are betting too much on each trade, and it saddens me a bit, as I think otherwise you seem to have everything else in place for a good system.

At least promise us that if you do survive 6 months to a year with 20% a month, you then reduce the risk per trade? By then you should be able to trade large sizes and not have to risk so much to make a good living?

Regards

Sobi

#17     Oct 11, 2007
  8. Midas

Midas

Why not start a new thread at 10% per month and risk less. It would be a shame to see you blow up. Keep up the good work. I look forward to watching your progress.

#18     Oct 11, 2007
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Yea, I understand completely.

But using Nitrus on a K-Car is nuts. The vehicle just can't take it.

Glad to see the confidence. But why the rush?

#19     Oct 12, 2007
  10. im starting with a small comprisable amount. i understand 10% is too much position sizing. risky is 5%. I will reduce this once the balance gets over 100K.

Shorted the pound@2.04352
    currently up just over 8K but little bit lost in my wave count. will need to reasses tonight

#20     Oct 12, 2007