20 reasons the US economy is dying & not going to recover

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zanek, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Because it would be like arguing with someone who thinks the earth is flat.

#11     Jan 24, 2010
  2. this is all speculation. You cannot try to look into the future and have any clue about how to therefore prognosticate the present.

We are also far more productive and have far more wealth than that time.

#12     Jan 24, 2010
  3. Bingo.

This is going to be much, much worse than the Great Depression because of the size of the population (the sheer amount of people that see and understand the great disparity b/w the elite and the poor) and because we've levered every asset on the balance sheet. We, the people, are not prepared for what's to come. The government, however, is well-prepared and will continue to add more armed heads.

The more the gov't does to try to fix the cure the worse it will get. Obama can't restore housing prices, what are they going to do implement price fixes? LOL. They are already talking about a hotdog tax, what's next, taxing our subatomic particles? OH yeah...

#13     Jan 24, 2010
  4. Thanks for this post. We will have to wait and see what happens now.

#14     Jan 24, 2010
  5. I give you historical facts and statistics to support my position. Your responses OTOH, are so well thought out that you don't need to support them with boring data.

Were you captain of the debate team in high school?

#15     Jan 24, 2010
  6. just21

just21

That's where carbon trading comes in. The government issues carbon permits to corporations which are sold at a profit, the profits are taxed. Corporations pass on the cost of the carbon permit to the consumer. Watch your electricity and gas bill go through the roof. In the UK the average electricity bill could go to £5,000 by 2020 to pay for all the windmills in the north sea.

#16     Jan 24, 2010
  7. Apparently the article left out the 21st reason. According to the Incas, the world will blow up on December 21st (get it?), 2012. So what the hell does it matter anymore?

#17     Jan 24, 2010
  8. The vast majority of Westerners can't afford that. Talk about your Revolution...!:eek:
    I don't see this as realistic. But I've been wrong before.

#18     Jan 24, 2010
  9. Actually back in 1930 people were writing about how we were through the worst of it...

#19     Jan 24, 2010
  10. If you think that crap you gave is justification, I'd be surprised if you graduated high school. What I provided in the wiki link had WAY more substantive info. If you're not capable of understanding it, then I have neither the time nor the inclination to educate you.

#20     Jan 24, 2010