20 points a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Brandonf, Oct 5, 2002.

1. We're talking about consistently churning out 20 points on average over a reasonable period of time, like a month or 3, not a one time fluke. Whether it is 2 points or 10, consistency is the holy grail of trading.

#51     Oct 6, 2002
  2. How do you make the whole part of what someone else posts appear in your post with their name credited to their post?

#52     Oct 6, 2002
  3. Hit the Quote link on the lower right of message.

#53     Oct 6, 2002
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

<i>Brandon, Maybe the reason people fail is because they don't believe it is possible.

On what basis do you claim 20 pts a day is unreasonable or unrealistic?</I>

In my experience that is not true, 99% of people come in over confident from past success and think they will take over the world. They have the DuPont registry out and figure that in 2, 3 years tops they will be driving that Ferrari and living in the house on the hill. I have been there and so has nearly everyone else. Then, when you start to fail and not live up to what you think is "normal" it becomes very hard to deal with and start to fail more.

I base the claim on the fact that I have never seen it done and no one who says they do it has ever been willing to show me a 1040 or a broker statement to prove they do it. I have also asked a number of brokers if they have anyone doing it, and they have said no.

Brandon

#54     Oct 6, 2002
  5. That's how I knew I was getting the hang of it.
    First my goal was points per day
    Then points per week
    Then points per month
    Now I'm thinking about back to back quarters.

Years? My best year was 1323%
    My worst was -100%
    Unfortunately, the above is listed in chronological order

#55     Oct 6, 2002
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The market is a big conspiracy and the only ones who make money are those with the magic elixer , I know. :D

Brandon

#56     Oct 6, 2002
  7. Where is Richard Ney when you need him?

#57     Oct 6, 2002
  8. I base the claim on the fact that I have never seen it done and no one who says they do it has ever been willing to show me a 1040 or a broker statement to prove they do it. I have also asked a number of brokers if they have anyone doing it, and they have said no.

Brandon [/B][/QUOTE]

Well sir! I do it! And I can show you the proof! And we're not talking just 20 points. I make 23 points in one day! And not just once! I actually did it twice!

(One time it was because I thought I had gone home flat and didn't realize I was still short one contract.)

#58     Oct 6, 2002
  9. So I guess if it was an overnighter, that doesn't count, but anyway, I did it once. And I also had an 18 pointer one day.

#59     Oct 6, 2002
  10. So for me, 20 points a day is typical, and all the days in between I consider sub par.

#60     Oct 6, 2002