20 points a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Brandonf, Oct 5, 2002.

1. x-or

x-or

I don't know if the usual stats (5% winners) are true or not and I don't mind.

What I know is that it had a negative influence on me during my learning stage.
    Because, as a newbie you believe what you hear and you think "For sure I'll never make it".
    You didn't put one single trade and you already lost your self confidence.

Some will tell that I'm a bit paranoiac but sometimes I think that these stats exist only to discourage the newcomers.

Thanksfully, I had some perseverance.

If you don't have enough, you will always think that you belong to the 95% losers and you'll think that is a normal.

Keep on trying, forget those numbers and you'll do better.

#31     Oct 5, 2002
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Per contract. Net is easy. Once you have an edge you increase your size.

#32     Oct 5, 2002
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Your so smart, you figured me out. And you did it on your first day here too...yeeeaaa for you! Ill stop posting.

#33     Oct 5, 2002
  4. FPC

Brandon has a two week free trial at his room. Its a very simple matter to find out if he knows what hes talking about.

p.s. I posted this before I saw your last post otherwise I would not have bothered. You need help of a different kind.

#34     Oct 5, 2002
  5. Well then that's pretty darn impressive if it can be done more often than losing 20 pts a whack.

So if you had 10k and you made 20 pts that would be 10%

And if you had 5k and you only made 5 points 4 times that would be 20%

And if you had 2k and you made 1 pt 20 times that would be 50%

So how much do you need to allocate to make 20 points?

#35     Oct 5, 2002

6. why are people concerned what other people make or claim to make?

A few weeks ago I was playing golf with some buddies. One of which was getting pissed that another was obviously trimming his score. I just said to him, "When I'm golfing I only care about one score. My own."

#36     Oct 5, 2002
  7. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I expect this crap from FPC to stop. If you want to post like a rational human being then go right ahead, but we will not tolerate the vulgarity.

#37     Oct 5, 2002
  8. hey war eagle, can you just kill all my replies to FPC, because now they are all out of context. Thanks
    I have my good name to uphold.

It looks kind of bad when people are complaining and the only questionable posts left are mine.

#38     Oct 5, 2002
  9. dottom

dottom

I don't think I'd even be able to LOSE 20pts per ES contract average even if I tried. In fact, if I could find a way to lose even 10pts per contract average, I'd have found the holy grail.

#39     Oct 5, 2002
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Done. Sorry I missed it the first time.

#40     Oct 5, 2002