20 points a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Brandonf, Oct 5, 2002.

1. For those who don't believe that an indicator
    IS BULL SHIT

HAVE A GOOD LOOK GUYS ----> see the chart
    e-mini S&P 04/10/02 the last hour !!!!!!

Cheers
    Jeanmichel :)

#21     Oct 5, 2002
  2. Special for the e-mini NAS players

A GOOD INDICATOR IS BULL SHIT ????? :D

See the chart !!!!!

Cheers
    Jeanmichel :)

#22     Oct 5, 2002
  3. right, because if you make 500% one year, and then lose 10% a year for 3 years that will only be about 117% a year. And most traders on this site are doing a lot better than that except the ones who don't post here and make a lot more than that.

There is only one way. My way. I've tried other ways, and they don't work (for me).

And I am very dogmatically closed minded about this. It is the only way.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear, is this 20 pts a day net or per contract? Cause if it's net, you can buy the bid and sell the ask on an 80 lot order and walk away with 20 pts in a about 20 seconds. (just remember to do it twice, once for the ego and once for the broker.)

#23     Oct 5, 2002
  4. Here is the chart of DAX FUTURE (04/10/02)

Is there someone who know the answer ?

WHY NOT LONG ?

Cheers
    Jeanmichel :p

#24     Oct 5, 2002
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A better question might be why long? Even though whatever indicator this is suggests a long play, price is not only unable to get through resistance once, but twice, the second time coincident with a negative divergence in the indicator. That suggests a short, not a long.

--Db

#25     Oct 5, 2002
  6. "Here is the chart of DAX FUTURE (04/10/02)
    Is there someone who know the answer ?
    WHY NOT LONG ?

Cheers
    Jeanmichel"

Give me a break!! Jean, why don't you take about 5 years' worth of data and run a nice little system created in Metastock and see what the results are with your cute indicator. I bet it comes back with about 39% winners for about - let's see - $79.00 per trade. Minus comm. and slippage - well, you do the math!

#26     Oct 5, 2002
  7. Jeanmichel,

Looks very much like the True Strength Indicator (TSI)! :D
    Yes it is a good one for nice trending days like you are showing.

#27     Oct 5, 2002
  8. just a few points..

1. Sarasota didn't say whether that 20 points is an all-inclusive net per contract, or total gross. 20 points gross gain is as meaningless as saying "I make $1000 per day." He also didn't say over what time period this "average" is.

2. I'm not saying that I am not *almost* as skeptical as everyone else, but let's examine this OBJECTIVELY. I take it that many of you have followed MrSubliminal's journal. I followed it some and as I recall he made about 5 points per day. I also remember looking at some of his trades and noting that he could have easily gotten 2 points, sometimes 3 or more, when he apparently has a hard profit target of 1 point. So take 5 times 2 and that makes 10. Now, he trades only the first hour or two. So let's theorize that he could have also traded the last hour or two with similar results. 10 x 2 = 20 points per day. Is that so hard to believe? You can also surmise that Sarasota makes 10 points per day average (what he used to claim), and recently is making more and is *assuming* his average will stay that high (see point #1).

#28     Oct 5, 2002
  9. Why not long at 18.45 u ? Reverend TRADER ?

The short is very clearly, I think !!! :D

Where are you GUYS !!!!

Cheers
    Jeanmichel

#29     Oct 5, 2002
  10. Just for clarity, when people say "points" they should mean "points per contracts." 20 points per contract over a long time-period would, in my opinion, be very difficult to do. I have enough trouble PAPER-TRADING an average of 2-3 points per day.

#30     Oct 5, 2002