20 points a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Brandonf, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I read all kinds of things all over the place about "I make 20 points a day trading the ES/NQ" (take your pick). I wonder if anyone making these kind of claims is willing to prove them? To put this in perspective, if you require yourself to have $10,000 to trade ONE Emini Nasdaq contract and you make only 2 points per day, you will double your account in a year. If you require the same thing but trade the ES, it takes just under ONE POINT PER DAY on average to double your account. Of course this also means that losing 2 NQ points a day or 1 ES point a day and you are broke! This is using much more conservative margin then most people use. Given that in the Emini's only about 5% of accounts are profitable, it seems like an awful lot of people make 20 points a day. Maybe Im just not that smart and I am missing something?

Brandon

2. 5%? It gets more and more depressing every moment. I am going to bed before I start crying.

3. This is an excellent idea. I am planning on entering the Robbins Trading Championship, and will be putting my money where my mouth is.

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

That is not to say it cant be done, and isnt done. I know one person who is making 20 points a day (it aint me). But I think one of the things causing that 95% failure rate is a total lack of perspective. People are lied to about what is possible and so much want it to be true. Then, when they come no where near those numbers they feel like failures and push too much and then do actually lose. I think a lot of people could do very well trading if they had an honest idea of what is possible.

Brandon

5. What kind of trading does that person do Brandon? Sarasota for example seems to be using some ultra-Gann methods.

6. advice...FIND YOUR EDGE

some more advice...

CHARTS ARE NOT AN EDGE...

YOU CAN'T MAKE MONEY DAY TRADING USING INDICATORS...

MACD, RSI, STOCHASTICS, BANDS... ALL FULL OF SHIT...

FIND A REAL EDGE!

7. Trend,

Well, besides watching charts and price action and volume, what else is left? Am I supposed to go into a government building and pay somebody to get the numbers before they are released to the public?

The guy who audits those numbers has a real edge. What other edge is left for a retail futures trader at his house?

8. well we are all waiting.whats the edge?

9. like?

10. Ms Cleo, 1-900-trade4me

-qwik

#10     Oct 5, 2002