$20 per gallon gas in NY

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Imo, this entire situation should demostrate the importance of gas and the behaviour of the American people and economy.

Fer chrissake, people are wasting hours standing in line for 5 gallons of gas, wake up fearless leaders and get us back in our cars, suvs, cabs and trucks pronto.

In the last century the most powerful person in the US was the transportation secretary, (designing roads) get this country rolling on the roads, moving around the country to where the jobs are, recreation (parks and campgrounds) Sunday drives and tourism.

We are getting ripped off with 4 dollar gas, and stifling the economy with these gas prices. we are a bunch of fat asses and we don't want bikes, buses or car pools or electric cars. We want to tow boats, jet skis, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles and take our chevy to the levee and watch nascar.

Lack of oversight has trashed the housing economy, perhaps one of the biggest portion of our livlehood, coming in at second is the auto industry and these industries have turned into social experiements/industries with pensions and health care.

Now Obama comes in and decides to fuck up health care,,,,,

good luck to us.

#21     Nov 3, 2012
  2. Some bureaucrat that flunked Econ 101 decided that the government reserve gas should be given away for free?! They could just charge something normal like $4 or whatever, but now everyone with nothing better to do is going to bring their whole family to clog up the lines for people who actually need it. But hey, 10 gal/person is what $50 for a couple of hours in line? Too bad the employment these days is such that's a good use of their time...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...in-ny-before-state-says-public-must-wait?lite

#22     Nov 3, 2012
  3. Free gas?
    ---------------

Oh all right, I take a stab at it.

They probably don't want the hassle of collecting the money, determining how to divy up the state and fed tax due and no way to compute 9/10ths of a gal on a mobile tanker.

Would you believe no one knows how to count change?

Maybe they don't have a battery operated cash register.

Would you believe no one at the mobiletanker can break a 50?

Actually though at 4 bucks a gallon, this would make the fed look bad, after all, the gas probably cost 300 dollars a gallon to bring to site.

#23     Nov 3, 2012
  4. people are dumb, I cant beleive they are so dumb.

I live about 45 minutes north of the city and this past thursday there around 5PM there were 3-4 hour lines at all stations around my area. That night and friday most stations were out of gas. Cops were seen at every station for security purposes.

This morning I went out and filled up without waiting. 3.75/gallon.
    Also just went out 15 minutes ago and there are no lines now and and I saw a price at one station 3.69/gallon. I did see one guy with NJ plates filling up around 12 red plastic containers plus his vehicle.

observations:
    1)people panic at the slightest rumour
    2)people believe anything they read on the internet

#24     Nov 3, 2012
  5. Supply and demand

#25     Nov 4, 2012
  6. lwlee

lwlee

They are rationing gas now in NJ. Using odd/even system. Seems kinda silly. If I really needed gas, I would just go to PA.

#26     Nov 4, 2012
  7. zdreg

zdreg

you sound like a ET genius. everybody in n.j. lives near PA?

#27     Nov 4, 2012
  8. everything is within walking distance if you have the time.:cool: :D

#28     Nov 4, 2012
  9. spd

spd

Ive been through several hurricanes, a lot of people in those long gas lines just want to fill a few cans for their generators. Its not "fill your tank now!!!!" type panic.

#29     Nov 4, 2012
  10. just a heads up, gas stations normal at Jersey shore, going from 34 circle, rt 66 to asbury......passed about 5 stations no lnes at all.

#30     Nov 4, 2012