20 Most miserable cities to live in, anyone see a pattern?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 25, 2013.

1. jem

jem

Workfare not Welfare for those who are able bodied.

Decrease taxes.
    Cut spending.
    cut pensions
    cut govt
    tax breaks for businesses who move back.
    fire all the city commissioners and everyone else whose policies perpetuated the failed city.

#51     Feb 25, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

LOL. Another brilliant analysis. How many is that for you today? Four or more? Let me give that a try and see if I can't add to the conversation.
    +1

#52     Feb 25, 2013
  3. Cut pensions? If you advocate backing out of contracts lets just tell China we're starting at zero again. Why would your first choice be to screw working Americans?

#53     Feb 25, 2013
  4. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you had a religious attachment to free market capitalism.

All I am saying it is a worthy goal, but not the only goal. It is easy to talk about what people should have done after 25 years in the workforce, but we all know plenty of people will be irresposnible and others will have bad luck or misfortune. As a society, we are not going to just stand by and watch them starve or die from lack of medical attention.

Conservatives need to accept that not every general is a genius and not every CEO is someone to be revered. Business has its own agenda, and it is one that seems increasingly out of step with conservative values.

#54     Feb 25, 2013
  5. jem

jem

because their corruption of our public officials have screwed our kids out of a debt free future.

in my opinion because of the way those contracts were procured they were ultra vires... beyond ratification by the people.

chinas deals with the fed... are different... after all it is the feds money. but I am open to suggestions if they are are easier than balancing the budget and eliminating debt or bonds.

#55     Feb 25, 2013
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

The jobs lost in Ohio were primarily auto related jobs and local Mom & Pop restaurants, etc. that were nearby. Those jobs did not go to China to children.

#56     Feb 25, 2013
  7. BSAM

BSAM

+1
    And, I want to be the person who makes the final decisions about who is able bodied.

We'll get welfare payouts way down.

#57     Feb 25, 2013
  8. BSAM

BSAM

I would give 'em the WWII test.
    I would tell these losers that I was going to flip a coin in the air.
    I would tell them to yell when they see or hear the coin hit the floor.
    Then, when one of these lazy wise asses pretends that he could neither see nor hear, I'd draw back my left hand as though I was just about to slap the shit out of him.
    When he flinches, he would know what time it is.
    Time to get an alarm clock and a j-o-b.
    Next!

#58     Feb 25, 2013
  9. Why not?

#59     Feb 25, 2013
    #60     Feb 25, 2013