20 Economic Facts That Will Make You Very Angry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 26, 2011.

1. eliminated toilet paper on our farm

[​IMG]

#11     Jan 26, 2011
  2. What, you dont like 1 ply extra thin almost see through toilet paper that tears off the roll 1 sheet at a time after you pull it?

:D

#12     Jan 27, 2011
  3. drcha

drcha

Only the last one pisses me off-the rest are old news.

I'm going to eat 20% less of the inflated food so that I can shit 20% less.

#13     Jan 27, 2011
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Toilet paper is for peasants.

#14     Jan 27, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

You know, there is no toilet paper in the desert. That is why you should never reach out your right hand to shake hands with an Arab. The right hand is reserved for wiping. Uggggg....

Anyway, that's what I've heard.

#15     Jan 27, 2011
  6. g222

g222

Here's a couple of thoughts about our economic 'situation' you might find interesting:

www.bigeye.com/bankers.htm

... also, a great dvd available from Amazon for 20 bucks:

"The Secret of Oz"

#16     Jan 27, 2011
  7. it kind of makes one wonder why you defend republicans so much since many things on that list that make you angry are directly attributable to republican policies. just a few on the list:

#1 Today, millions of American families are digging deep into their savings and investments in a desperate attempt to stay afloat. Over the past two years, U.S. consumers have withdrawn $311 billion more from savings and investment accounts than they have put into them. thanks george bush.

#2 15 billion dollars: the total amount of compensation that Goldman Sachs paid out to its employees for 2010. thanks republicans in congress.

#3 The number of American families that were booted out of their homes and into the streets set a new all-time record in 2010. set in motion under george bush.

#5 One Canadian company is making a ton of money shipping “millions and millions of dollars” worth of manufacturing equipment from factories that are being shut down in the United States over to new factories that are being set up in China. repubilcan platform. unrestrained free trade and tax breaks for company moving jobs overseas.

#6 In America today, the wealthiest 20% own a whopping 93% of all the “financial assets” in the United States. trickle down economics is a republican principle.

#9 If the U.S. banking system is healthy, then why does the number of “problem banks” continue to keep increasing? This past week the number of U.S. banks on the unofficial list of problem banks reached 937. set in motion under bush regulations.

#10 According to former U.S. Labor Secretary Robert Reich, the wealthiest 0.1% of all Americans make as much money as the poorest 120 million. again trickle down economics is a republican principle.

#11 U.S. housing prices have now fallen further during this economic downturn than they did during the Great Depression of the 1930s. set in motion under bush policies.

#16 Back in 1970, 25 percent of all jobs in the United States were manufacturing jobs. Today, only 9 percent of the jobs in the United States are manufacturing jobs. unrestrained free trade is a republican principle.

#17     Jan 27, 2011
  8. Pastor Sheldon Emry?

What about Pastor Blankfein?

#18     Jan 27, 2011
  9. Left Hand wipes

#19     Jan 27, 2011
  10. g222

g222

OK nutmrg ... ok, ok, ok.

But getting by that - and some of his standard preacher's rhetoric - read all the way thru to the end of his article. This is not the first time that I've come across this point of view.

#20     Jan 27, 2011