20:1 leverage on stocks possible?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by corgi, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm a hybrid trader. I sometimes daytrade, but usually I hold a position for days or even weeks. What I'm wondering is if there is a retail broker that will allow holding a position more than the typical 2:1 leverage for an overnight position? If so, who?

Also, I don't need 20:1 for daytrades, but something like 6:1 would be nice. Someone mentioned 6.6:1 from a retail firm but didn't name the brokerage.

Thanks!

#31     Aug 5, 2007
  2. interestingly...reading bottom of JC Tradings Website states "JC Trading Group LLC is not a member nor registered with any securities regulatory body. JC Trading Group LLC does not solicit any public funds."

If they don't solicit any public funds why they offer trading solutions and Jeff offered his services??

Am I interpreting it right?

#32     Sep 25, 2007
  3. vansmarket

vansmarket Guest

these prop firms are a loophole entities created by some

quasi brokers/dealers entities created by some law firm

LAWYER......quasi brokers

#33     Sep 25, 2007
  4. cstu

cstu

I would be looking for an account with enhanced leverage also. 6.6 to 1 would suit me with no LLC relationship.

At what number does a very very active account become interesting to a prime broker? 2 million ? or is is much less?

#34     Oct 2, 2007
  5. I'm kind of surprised in a quick scan of this thread that no one suggested using long options. just match deltas. you can get this leverage.

intraday, on issues with tight bid/ask spreads and relatively 'reasonable' IVs, you can get 10-15:1 without much problem. google options are an example of this.

I don't know if anyone really could need more than that.

#35     Oct 2, 2007
  6. Long options are priced fairly, by and for the market makers, and the time decay is a killer, IMO.

Can't help any with opening only orders, market making, collecting interest on shor stock $$ generated, etc.

Don

#36     Oct 2, 2007
  7. kingliam

kingliam

10:1 is the highest allowed for stocks. If you want more leverage trade FOREX

#37     Oct 2, 2007
  8. on an intraday basis, time decay isn't too bad even on very close expiring options.

And of course options aren't good for scalping pennies.

#38     Oct 2, 2007
  9. Bidnyse

Bidnyse

does anyone know who title clears their trades through - I want to make sure that they are a stable company and that I will get paid.

thanks

#39     Oct 4, 2007