$20,000 Coaching Session with Jai Ramoutar?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by SlickRick, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. LOL, magandre. i was refering to robbin's big buck counseling sessions. by the way, personal power is a great program !

best,

surfer:)

#71     Jun 14, 2003

2. LOL, dg !! funny story. i think your "improvement" or lack there of after taking jai's course would be totally objective and verifiable--- unlike "shark repellent" LOL!

surfer:cool:

#72     Jun 14, 2003
  3. sabena

sabena

I also teach from time to time and I

ask NOTHING ....

When a losing trader turns into

a winning trader a few weeks after

my teaching and calls me up telling

me that, then I get something

in return that even 200 billion dollars

can't pay....

my fee for Americans; a 20000,-$

cheque for UNICEF

free for Europeans.....

Every stock trader that turns into

a futures trader gets a 10000,-$

cheque from me....
    I

#73     Jun 14, 2003
  4. Nothing for nothing but hedge accts wherein you have 1000 shares of ABC long in one acct and an equal # of shares in another "related" account which has the same economic interest is illegal. Was outlawed by the SRO's years ago.

2nd-Part of your due diligence in investigating whether to drop any $ on tutors is to not only look into their trading account that they present but find a way to peruse ALL their trading accounts. It is not hard to open multiple accounts and "park" the winning trades in one account which is then shown to the propective students.

My take-the $ to be made on a winning methodology or system offered by the markets dwarf whatever $ anyone can make by tutoring. so buyer beware

There are some great traders I know that share their secrets but only if they take a split off of the traders they teach. That is when the trader puts their money where there mouth is.. Like Mark Fisher who teaches a system but employs the traders and splits pnl with them. That is what new guys wishing to learn should try to get into instead of giving a wad of cash hoping to be taught by anyone whose economic interests are divergent not congruent with theirs.

#74     Jun 14, 2003
  5. Well then just do your due diligence, ask some former pupils what they thought and try it. Put the 20K in perspective. Site work, jury trials and many surgeries cost that anyway. It's your career. If the program is solid and that's where you need the help, the jump start will probably be worth it.

Let us know how you like the program.

Geo.:)

#75     Jun 14, 2003
  6. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Yes those accounts were discontinued years ago. Nothing was ever illegal abou them. There is nothing illegal abouit me being long 1000 ABCD in my account and my wife being short the same in her account. The accounts at ALST were cross collateralized market neutral positions, and if you looked back in the previous post of this thread, you will see this was not an individual. A) The question was why a $300K loss in ALST's acct, the other account that had a $300K profit was never shown. No different then getting a 1099 from your clearing firm showing sales proceeds, without the buy side. This wasn't outlawed by and SRO, it was a decision made by the FRB, and then carried out by the SEC under federal mandate.

The account I refer to is my trading accountS. My other related accounts (UGMA, Trusts, etc) are irrelevant.

Your take is your take, trading and making money is financially and mentally rewarding, helping others do the same is all of the above an eternal joy, which is priceless.

Your last point while possibly true, is illegal they are JTWROS or JTIC. No such contract would be legal, unless it fell under the Trust Indenture Act. Again read back on the posts, the onsite coaching is NOT FOR NEW TRADERS, and is not promoted by me on ET. It's there, and the individual must meet specific criteria before I coach them onsite. Be well GATrader!

#76     Jun 14, 2003
  7. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Trust Company Act

#77     Jun 14, 2003
  8. If they were not illegal why were they discontinued? Because they were designed to avoid.get around the shorting rules.

Those agreements are not illegal, if they were a majority of all the locals in the US pits would be violating the law. A good number of locals got their start this way. Worked on the floor as clerks, then leased a seat with capital being provided by a more established trader in return for a split. At its simplest form, I could open an account under my name, grant someone trading authorization on account and pay him/her whatever split we mutually agree upon. Why would that be illegal?

#78     Jun 15, 2003
  9. I was one of Jai's trainees at all-tech boot camp back in '97 (lasted nearly a year there before blowing out heh). Felt like ages ago, but I remember Jai as being one of the few people there that actually gave decent advice.

Good to hear you're still in the biz and prospering. :)

#79     Jun 15, 2003
  10. Trajan

Trajan

It is kind of like how Hillary Clinton made a $100,000 trading cattle futures.

Taking a percentage is the most intellectually honest way of getting paid in this business. I learned the way GAtrader described plus a hell of a lot of my study. There was a recent thread where we discussed the Optionetics course costing $3,000, you would have to be incredibly gullible to pay that for a two or three day course, which didn't seem to offer beyond the basics. After all, what does Don charge to take one of his classes, $1,000 and it's five days. Maybe Jai is really worth the $20,000, but doesn't doesn't that high price undercut his statment to want to help people. Isn't he trying to recruit people who are already rich? Jai, does somebody come to you with X amount of capital and ask for your service, but then you come back and cut the fee because it is too much in relation to capital at hand? Is that what happens when you tutor people for free?

#80     Jun 15, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.