2 Steps Forward 1 Step Back

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DraXon, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I smell Commisso's "flow"...

#71     Dec 20, 2002
  2. Minime

Minime

Yes, this journal could unknowingly get people to open a $5,000 futures account to get rich quick. We all know what will happen in reality. I do believe what he does is possible, because I trade the same way, but I make a few more mistakes trying to "feel-out" the trends.

#72     Dec 20, 2002
  3. DraXon

DraXon

Today's results:

10:00 Long ES @ 892.50
    14:15 Exit ES @ 892.50

* Reason for entry: Didn't look like the gap was going to fill.
    * Reason for exit: Trailing stop.

Very tight range today.

#73     Dec 20, 2002
  4. DraXon

DraXon

I'd like to ask everyone reading this journal to just focus on the charts that I provide everyday. Maybe you'll benefit from it, maybe not. I think a lot of you are caught up with the amount of points that I'm getting everyday. It's so irrelevant! From now on, I'm not going to post my point totals just so that you'll concentrate more on the charts.

For those of you who don't believe my results - that's fine.

#74     Dec 20, 2002
  5. DraXon

DraXon

Flow,

I feel like you're the only one who understands me.

#75     Dec 20, 2002
  6. DraXon,

I've enjoyed your journal. You are proving the way to make big money is to ride a trade. You have been pretty damn hot lately. Are these typical results for you over time or are you just in the zone?

#76     Dec 20, 2002
  7. So you want us to focus on the chart you provide?

Remember the question from BblArrow on page 4 "DraXon, Curiosity, do you trade off the charts you are showing, with no indicators?"

And your answer:

"I don't use any indicators at all. I do, however, filter the noise out in my mind."

"I also rely on my intuition."

So what's the point with us focusing on your chart?

#77     Dec 21, 2002
  8. This journal is pointless... no point totals are to be reported and charts are to be displayed, even though the basis for the trade is intuition and 'filtration in the mind' !

#78     Dec 21, 2002
  9. Ditch

Ditch

Draxon,

what can we learn from the charts, that you're so kind to post?

#79     Dec 21, 2002
  10. While this is a valid argument, I also don't see the point of focusing on a chart with annotations like "setup fast stoch crossing above slow stoch, entry signal 9/18 EMA crossover, confirmed by momentum and RSI." No matter how many technical indicators and complicated words you use to justify your trade, the truth of the matter is that you still have to rely on your intuition unless you have a 100% mechanical trading system, in which case a journal would be quite pointless.

#80     Dec 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.