2 Steps Forward 1 Step Back

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DraXon, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmis

jmis

i, for one, believe him. he follows price action and keep his stoploss wider than most ppl daytrading futures, but his result is credible. or is it because I somewhat relate to his method/thinking. When you sit long enough infront of the ocean, you starts to feel the wave ;).

DraXon, good trading.
    jmi-

#61     Dec 20, 2002
  2. I think the most remarkable aspect of draxon's trading, is his excellent entry points. He seems to have an uncanny ability to get in right in the early stages of major intraday trends. Other from that, he does no trade management whatsoever once he's in except for using a 4-point trailing stop. The only discretionary exit I ever see him use is exiting near the close.

While his results are very good given the recent market conditions, I have no reason to believe he is a liar. Perhaps the fact that his trading style is unconventional (i.e., 4-pt trailing stops without discretionary exits, no indicators, no volume, just price action) is the reason he is doing well at a time when many others seem to be struggling.

Here's to your continued success, DraXon.

#62     Dec 20, 2002
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

While all of this may be true, it is also done after the fact. Anybody can show "an uncanny ability to get in right in the early stages of major intraday trends" if he waits until they're established before posting the trade. While the trades may be legitimate, no rules or procedures have been posted (other than "go with the flow"); therefore, no one is able to cross-check them.

You can post a pretty spectacular journal yourself: just wait till the end of the day and pick the bottoms and tops of each swing.

--Db

#63     Dec 20, 2002
  4. I agree. This thread is a total waste of time. Yeah, I know, dont read it. I wont any more.

#64     Dec 20, 2002
  5. Minime

Minime

Yes Draxon, we hate successful journals. You better shut it down and quit making us feel so impotent. Why not include a screen shot of your execution summary each day to silence the critics?

I actually enjoy your journal, keep it up.

#65     Dec 20, 2002
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It's a start.

--Db

#66     Dec 20, 2002
  7. Agreed...

#67     Dec 20, 2002
  8. Flow

Flow

:(

Draxon it is quite clear to me that you have learned to silence the noise in your head and have drawn clear and definite lines between the internal and external when it comes to your trading, but if this thread instills any sort of self-conscious pressure on you-- then run for the hills...

There is nothing to prove to anybody, its just you and her in this dance...

For a subjective-intuitive type trader the flow can be lost in an instant...

PEACE and continued good-trading...

#68     Dec 20, 2002
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

What pressure? It's simply a matter of verifying results. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that many (most?) traders are dishonest with themselves, which makes it even more difficult to be honest with others (remember the meat and cheese guy who never had any losing trades because he never sold a loser?).

If those who keep these journals can't verify their results, it should come as no surprise that some might be skeptical. What does come as a surprise - though perhaps it shouldn't - is the number of people who accept these results without question, which may account for why so many traders are so eager to purchase tips, advice, calls, systems, trading books, chatroom entry, software of one sort or another . . .

--Db

#69     Dec 20, 2002
  10. I did not want to put any kind of pressure on Draxon and I don't hate succesful journals.

If these results are real, I am really happy for him.

But after ten years in the market, I feel Draxon could be playing with us.

What I really want to do is warn inexperienced traders who could think that trading is that easy (good luck if you want to follow the flow in a non trending market), try to trade the same way and blow their account in no time.

#70     Dec 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.