2 Rising Cups w/ Handles- INFA*

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Don't know much about this company, purely a chart gaze, but wow- that kids, is a cup with a handle and up there is another mini one and a higher breakout.... there is some speculation on a take over based off a filing with the sec... this Savitz dude is pretty good I think he's with smart money I've lost track....

February 5, 2008, 11:55 am
    Informatica: Execs Get Improved Severance Deals; Is The Company Getting Ready To Be Acquired?
    Posted by Eric Savitz
    Informatica (INFA) revealed in an 8-K filing with the SEC that the company has beefed up the severance agreements with three of its key executives: CFO Earl Fry, EVP-Poducts Girish Pancha and EVP-Worldwide Field Operations Paul Hoffman. There new agreements amend their severance deals to include their annual on-target bonuses, commission and variable earnings assuming company performance at 100% of target. That seems routine; but maybe it isn’t.

What makes this interesting is the fact that Informatica, a provider of business intelligence software, is a frequent subject of takeover speculation. Patrick Walravens, an analyst at JMP Securities, notes that “companies often put these agreements in place when they are anticipating a possible sale.” He provides four examples of software companies that sold within months after making similar changes in severance agreements with change of control provisions. Previous examples:

Visual Sciences: Made comparable severance changes on August 2, 2007. Acquired 86 days later.
    Maungistics: Severance changes, September 27, 2005. Acquired 392 days later.
    Siebel Systems: Severance changes, May 20, 2005. Acquired 112 days later.
    Vastera: Severance changes, December 3, 2004. Acquired 34 days later.
    Walravens has an Outperform rating and $20 target on the stock.

Anybody like this name? I'm nervous I'm buying too many four symbol names. But to me the chart reads to the high $20's possibly $32-$33!~ si

2. That thing made cup w/handles every few months. Interesting.

3. Well on 2/15 INFA was $18.31 and today in the tech slide she sits at.... $17.80 or so.... this is RS folks!

Let's bump this up to the top of the watch list along with heavily shorted Mindray Med reporting tonight....

~stoney