2 monitors from 1 nivdia 3500 quadro with dongle?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by esemini, Oct 28, 2008.

1. esemini

esemini

I would like to run two monitors off of one nvida quadro 3500 video card with a dongle. Dell says it "might" work. Nivdia will only say that they dont support it. Any insight will be appreciated.Thank you

2. Tums

Tums

what kind of dongle you have in mind?

3. esemini

esemini

I am no6t really sure some kind of a splitter?

4. Tums

Tums

if you are talking about Nvidia Quadro FX 3500... it has 2 dual-link DVI-I video ports. i.e. it supports 2 monitors as is.

5. esemini

esemini

I am sorry i did not make my question clear yes the card does have two dvi connectors i am useing them both and would like to add another monitor to this card. I am actually running two 3500S with four 30" dells and would like to add one more.

6. Tums

Tums

if you use a signal splitter (commonly known as Y-cable), you will get a duplicate image on the second monitor.

If you want to expand the Desktop into the additional monitor... check recent threads in this forum. There are inexpensive gadgets that can do the job.

7. esemini

esemini

thank you

8. you can give it a shot, but typically a D-DVI port will only push "one" monitor @ 2560x1600...

9. I just purchased a new Dell Precision T3400 desktop computer with Dual nVidia, NVS 290, 256MB dual DVI, Graphics Cards. Each card has one monitor port, into which I plugged splitters provided by Dell. I can run 4 monitors at once with different charts on each monitor. It works great. I was very fortunate to have a knowledgable ET member assist me in selecting the correct computer. He saved me over $2000 on the computer and monitors.

10. just curious- what size monitors are you running?

#10     Oct 31, 2008