2 Men Killed On Portland Train After Trying To Stop Anti-Muslim Rant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, May 27, 2017.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-men-killed-portland-train-082731642.html

2 Men Killed On Portland Train After Trying To Stop Anti-Muslim Rant, Police Say
    [​IMG]
    Lee Moran
    HuffPostMay 27, 2017

[​IMG]

A 35-year-old man has been arrested over the stabbing deaths of two men on a commuter train in Portland, Oregon.

Jeremy Joseph Christian, of North Portland, allegedly killed the pair on a MAX train at the Hollywood Transit Station at 4:30 p.m. Friday after they tried to stop him from harassing two women because they appeared to be Muslim.

Three men intervened “in the midst of his ranting and raving,” Portland police spokesman Pete Simpson said during a news conference. “They were attacked viciously by the suspect.”

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’” Evelin Hernandez, a passenger on the train, told KATU-TV.

Officers detained Christian soon after he got off the train. The women, however, left the scene before they could be interviewed.

Police booked Christian into the Multnomah County Jail early Saturday morning on two charges of aggravated murder, two counts of intimidation in the second degree, one count of attempted murder and one count of being a felon in possession of a restricted weapon.

According to OregonLive, he has previously been convicted for felony robbery, kidnapping and possession of weapons. He will be arraigned in Multnomah County Court on Monday, and may face additional charges.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations responded to the attack by saying that anti-Muslim incidents increased by more than 50 percent in the United States from 2015 to 2016 due in part to President Donald Trump’s focus on militant Islamist groups and anti-immigrant rhetoric.

“President Trump must speak out personally against the rising tide of Islamophobia and other forms of bigotry and racism in our nation that he has provoked through his numerous statements, policies and appointments that have negatively impacted minority communities,” said CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad.

The administration says that while it strongly opposes Islamist militants, it has no quarrel with Islam.

Following the attack, police said one of the men died at the scene while another died at a hospital. The third man was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Police said the Oregon State Medical Examiner would conduct autopsies on the two men on Saturday morning, and would release the names of the three victims soon after.

Reuters contributed to this report.

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This is terrorism. In the same way that the attack in Manchester was terrorism.

The difference is that this situation involves a sole nutcase. The bombing in Manchester involved organized terrorism - which is far more dangerous than a sole nutcase.

Tom B likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Just put him in a shallow grave with one in the nape. Why are taxpayers going to be feeding this scum for the next years?

4. Good1

Good1

Let's find out what rhetoric motivated this lone wolf, and then find out what rhetoric motivates systemic killings, like this, coming from the followers of Mohamed side.

Be sure to include systemic murder as rhetoric.

Oh, and include official state responses to systemic murder in the analysis.

5. java

java

100 of their's for every 1 of ours. And get the innocent bystanders. And stop calling me a terrorist. You started it. We'll finish it. The only thing stopping us are the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ.

6. Good1

Good1

Sarcasm not going to help here.

What is the actual rhetoric coming from both sides.

Or, did you think there wasn't another side?

7. java

java

Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. That's why I say it's a good thing I am not God because I'd kill them all. Might even do it if I was just president. But my mother was a Christian and they don't like that sort of thing. She was real big on love and forgiveness. It will probably take a few more generations to completely breed out christianity in spite of all the schools effort. And then there will be nothing holding us back. If you are ISIS you better kneel to Mecca and pray for no rapture today. Because when it comes it will be Katy Bar the door on your ass.

8. You're quite an emotional guy.

9. java

java

They said it would go away when I got older but it's only getting worse. Too many westerns when I was a kid and the good guys always won. I can't get used to the good guys doing nothing. And they didn't just go in and reason, it always came down to a big ole shootout. That's what is missing.

10. Good1

Good1

Well I was two kinds of Christian for a long time (no longer), and don't recall that kind of rhetoric too much.

I have to admit, I turned an ignorant eye to all the ethnic cleansing stories in the Jewish literature part of the Christian bible, not really questioning the logic of the Hebrew god and the Hebrew leaders who could hear the voice of the god in their head, and wrote down what they heard...later...after killing whole cities of men, and keeping the women and kids as booty, if they were lucky, and wrote down a code of conduct regards the booty.

I notice Mohamed copied and pasted alot from the Hebrew playbook.

So there is rhetoric on both sides.

I'm not sure why Christians would involve themselves in that rhetoric, except to hope the 'lord" kicks some ass when he gets back...like the Mohamedans are hoping a "mahdi" will come and kick some ass.

But I know it's possible to leave cultural cesspools of rhetoric, without regret. So I don't see a problem setting up state backing for people who will admit they feel hostage to these rhetoric cultures...helping them work from the inside of their orgs, or to flat out leave.

#10     May 27, 2017