2% Management fee, annualized and payable monthly

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Are there a lot of variations to the standard deal and the way they are calculated?

I remember when I was shortly a CTA, The NFA was all over my Disclosure Doc's in regards to the calculation of the incentive fee and what was standard...

Do Hedgefunds have this stringent regulation?

Michael B.

#21     Jul 3, 2005
  2. I don't agree.

The management fee is the key; the reason for deleveraging ...

#22     Jul 3, 2005
  3. I can agree with that personally, but I was waiting for some to say that if you don't have a good system and can't work for straight commish...then your not worth your salt...

For my trading a standard deal would suffice...

Michael B.

#23     Jul 3, 2005
  4. Look at Crabel last year; great example ...

#24     Jul 3, 2005
  5. Wasn't he that guy with a 5% management fee?

#25     Jul 3, 2005
  6. I don't have it in front of me but I seem to remember he has a high AMF, very low leverage and he didn't make the risk free return last year.

I will check on Tuesday in case I am incorrect ...

#26     Jul 3, 2005
  7. Great..

By the way, I have always enjoyed your infrequent posts here in ET...(infrequent posting is one thing I have not mastered :))

Michael B.

#27     Jul 3, 2005
  8. Thank you.

A few years ago I posted all the time; it is harder now and the audience is different. I remember when I was ahead of Nitro...

#28     Jul 3, 2005
  9. I have hard the veterans speak of a handle...hit....mantrader...something or other...

I am told those were awesome days...

I love to search the archives here...

Michael B.

P.S. Folks if you read the archives here, you can understand the respect I give to some traders..

#29     Jul 3, 2005
  10. Those days where a lot more interesting. Now you have banning and censorship ...

#30     Jul 3, 2005