2 Large Investors cut Countrywide stakes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Geeeezzz...

Shorted another 950 shares today....

#11     Sep 12, 2007
  2. lar

lar

Just this week CountryWide put a brand new sign on a beautiful brand new building. I find that odd in light of cutbacks and divestitures of the magnitude I am hearing.

#12     Sep 12, 2007
  3. Well sounds like something that was planned ahead of time. What matters now is how long this will be under CFC's control and ownership.

#13     Sep 13, 2007
  4. 11Blade

11Blade

Amazing that CFC needed to drawdown 11 Billion in credit, followed by 2 billion dollar infusion, follow by todays 12 Billion dollar "infusion/credit facility"

for a company with 24 Billion dollar in revenue in 2006 (quoted from finance.yahoo.com - income statement), they have already borrowed to the tune of 25 billion.

doesn't bode well. Perhaps this stock lives in the 15-25 range for a few years, the companies best years are behind it until its gutted and renovated by some resourceful ethically inclined financiers.

#14     Sep 13, 2007
  5. ouch

#15     Sep 13, 2007
  6. let see if Mozillo puts some of that 450 mil he cashed out of in the last 2 years into buying the stock 50% lower than where he sold.....

Thats when it bottoms....till then.....keep laying it out

btw...read my earlier posts about CFC...stock is down over 25% since those days in early aug

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100922&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

Mozillo's not stupid...he knows better then to throw good money after bad (although i personally believe they Can NOT let CFC fail)

btw...this was a Cramer Best of Breed stock also....another clown

#16     Sep 13, 2007
  7. Ouch it was.

#17     Sep 14, 2007
  8. What might be amazing is you DISREGARDING that someone finds CFC as a company (distinct from the stock) creditworthy.

And....................at that magnitude.

Ethics? Where?

#18     Sep 14, 2007