2 in 3 Jewish voters back Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 5, 2012.

1. http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/04/twointhree-jewish-voters-back-obama-119467.html

2 in 3 Jewish voters back Obama

By BYRON TAU |
    4/3/12 12:01 PM EDT

President Obama’s support among Jewish voters remains high according to a new survey – despite heavy criticism of his policy towards the current Israeli government.

A new poll of American Jews, conducted by Public Religion Research Institute, finds that 62 percent of Jewish voters prefer Obama over a generic Republican. About a third of American Jews prefer a Republican candidate. Of those that prefer a GOP candidate, 56 percent back Mitt Romney. Among voters who backed Obama in 2008, 86 percent want him reelected – with 7 percent crossing over to support a generic Republican.

Still, a plurality – 35 percent – of Jewish voters rate themselves as “disappointed” with the Obama presidency, while 33 percent rate themselves as “satisfied.” And 46 percent of Obama’s Jewish supporters report that, while they support him, they’re “not excited” about casting a ballot for him.

Among Jewish voters, 51 percent point to the economy as the top issue facing the country – with only 4 percent identifying Israel. Israel also did not register as second-tier concern for most American Jews, with only 5 percent identifying it as the second-most important issue.

“There has been some speculation about possible movements toward the GOP among Jewish voters, but the current state of the race suggests that this year’s Jewish vote will resemble past elections,” said Daniel Cox, PRRI research director said in a statement. “The likely Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, is unpopular among most Jewish voters, and the GOP’s signature campaign proposal—repealing the recent health care law—is opposed by nearly six-in-ten American Jews.”

It’s another sign that despite the overheated rhetoric about Obama’s Israel policy and his uneasy relationship with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, there are unlikely to be large scale defections of Jewish voters from his coalition in November.

2. Obama is too strong, the ultimate celebrity. Obama vs Reagan, Obama will win.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

2 out of 3. Yeah, I can confirm that. My Jewish friends say Romney's religion is an insane cult.

4. Weird thing is most Mormons live by high ethical and moral standards.They give their time and money to humanitarian causes.Unlike Obama and Bush you wont find stories of cocaine and alcohol use in Romneys past.Unlike Clinton You wont find marijuana use and womanizing in Romneys past.

Back to politics,many have negative feelings about Mormonism and democrats will attack him on it :cool:

5. jem

jem

that would be 66.6 percent down for 96 or 99 percent.

6. "Among voters who backed Obama in 2008, 86 percent want him reelected – with 7 percent crossing over to support a generic Republican."

7. It is not weird, their high ethical and moral standards are being insulted by the clownlike performances of Mitt and Newt. :mad: .

8. Proving once again substandard IQ scores are relatively stable despite an enriched environment of "CHANGE*"

CHANGE = the new euphemism for unemployment > 99weeks

9. Mercor

Mercor

This has been a chronic weakness in the Jewish culture.
    Aligning or being indifferent toward leaders who are not in their best interests.

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

As I've mentioned, I grew up with jewish friends and worked for the jewish gangsters in the garment district when I was a kid and I can tell you that jews do not care about other jews.

There is no united sense of purpose or of self-preservation. They wouldn't piss on one another if they were on fire. Its a fatal societal flaw.

My friends are already hating on Romney like they did George W. Bush. When I ask about Romney they literally sputter trying to tell me how much they hate Mormons. Every single one of my friends of jewish faith intends to vote for Barrack Obama.

To be honest it is playing a part in my decision to move to southeast asia.

#10     Apr 5, 2012