2 biotech positions out of 308 biotech companies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rowenwood, Dec 5, 2003.

1. not so risky as one would assume. Like I stated, the criteria big investors look for in these little bio companies NUVO meets. XOMA perfomed just as expected and NUVO is performing up to par thus far.

You should see my performance report.

#11     Dec 5, 2003
  2. burnin

burnin

damn dude
    vra is movin
    good call hope your right

#12     Dec 5, 2003
  3. buying frenzy in VRA today?

#13     Dec 5, 2003
  4. burnin

burnin

just jumped from .23 to .29
    volume huge jump:eek:

#14     Dec 5, 2003
  5. Info on Viragen's (VRA) HC drug that one elite trader participant attempted to discredit. This portion of, a page worth of info, was copied from Viragen's site and hereby pasted. Please refer to viragen.com for complete information regarding the company and the company's programs.

What is Multiferon™?

Multiferon is a highly purified, multi-subtype, natural human alpha interferon derived from human white blood cells, a central component of the body’s immune system. It has been studied in more than 1600 patients in clinical and supporting studies, including hepatitis C, malignant melanoma and other cancers.

Multiferon is expected to offer a safe and effective first-line or second-line therapy for many viral and malignant indications including chronic hepatitis C and certain cancers.

Multiferon is approved in Sweden and Mexico for the second-line treatment of any and all diseases in which recombinant (synthetic) interferon therapy failed or the patient was unable to tolerate the regimen, probably due to the formation of neutralizing antibodies. Multiferon is also approved for sale in the following countries as a second-line therapy for the treatment of Hairy Cell Leukemia (HCL) and Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML): Czech Republic, Egypt, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Myanmar, South Africa and Thailand. The expanded indications approved in Sweden and Mexico are expected in these countries shortly. Regulatory approval processes are also underway in a number of other South American, Middle East and Far East territories.

It is estimated that a large portion of patients treated with recombinant interferon fail to respond to standard therapy. It is this market that the Viragen is focusing on. This substantial percentage of patients whose standard hepatitis C treatments failed or could not be tolerated represents a critical need for an alternative strategy since no other secondary treatment is currently approved.

#15     Dec 9, 2003
  6. who is the spokesperson for VRA. Mr. Calder told me that the secondary treatment for HC is huge. Possibly as much as 50% of people infected with HC are in need of a secondary type of treatment. Multiferon, VRA's novel drug, is likely the best 2nd line treatment. Not only is multiferon the best second line therapy but it is "at least as good" as the two dominant first line treatments.

So let the two huge pharm companies fight over 50% of the market because their drugs are not effective enough to treat every case of HC, VRA will be comfortable with the other 50%.
    Of course VRA doesn't yet have 50%. VRA is awaiting marketing approval for Multiferon, which is a new drug, in various countries where HC is widespread.

Besides the above stated info, you should know that multiferon is natural and has less negative side-effects in comparison to the other HC treatment drugs which are made using inorganic materials.

Becuase VRA has such a large amount of issued shares, dramatic price movement will take an expontential amount of buyers to send the stock price through the roof. I predict that as VRA gains marketing approval, becomes profitable, and finishes their transgenic technology programs, which I predict will occur in the next two years, VRA's stock price will skyrocket. I also predict that at least a few mutual funds will be making VRA stock purchases within the month.

It seems likely to me that this particular small cap company, out of the many biotech companies that have stock prices under fourty cents per share, has the best potential to become a large cap company.

I'm buying two more blocks when the price goes down a bit.

#16     Dec 12, 2003