2 Bar Charlie Day Trade System ("LIVE DEMO")

Discussion in 'Trading' started by T-REX, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...underneath all the heat here lies, I think, the question for the rigid amongst us whether this system can be codified and backtested for confidence, or whether it is totally discretional (and hence disreputable, haha). IMO, what Rex did was eminently codable based on estimates at the open of S and R, supplemented by not excessively complex trend creation rules. Well done IMO regardless of what you might think of Rex. The market bestows favor on both the arrogant and the humble, so long as they are both right.

#51     Oct 14, 2003
  2. T-REX

T-REX

withen the next 15 minutes it is very likely that the NQ will attempt another Breakout.

I will take a few questions now.

#52     Oct 14, 2003
  3. If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around, does it make a sound?

#53     Oct 14, 2003
  4. balda

balda

per T-REX stop loss at 1406 do not ask me why,
    I am just trying to be fair to the system because at the end of the day T-REX's P&L will be green when systems P&L might not.

#54     Oct 14, 2003
  5. T-REX

T-REX

You can now get out and take profit or hold on!!!!:D :D :D

#55     Oct 14, 2003

6. great can you do that again :cool:

#56     Oct 14, 2003
  7. T-REX

thanks a lot for trying to help. lets see if I will learn something. till now the long looks good.

thanks and all the best

#57     Oct 14, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That's the way it usually works in these conditions. But at least what you've provided can be tested. Thanks again.

#58     Oct 14, 2003
  9. balda

balda

long at 1414.50
    out at 1416.00
    drawdown 5.5
    profit +1.5

system now flat (sorry T-REX flat system still long)

#59     Oct 14, 2003
  10. Quick question - are you applying any intraday support/resistance levels with this method?

I'm looking at my chart (see attached snapshot to see what I'm referring to) and it's showing a resistance level at 1415.47 and a support cluster at 1406-1407.40

Not sure you'd want to risk placing a buy at 1414.50 - only one point from the projected resistance (which it turns out was exactly where that little rally off support stalled at about 10:17am).

Good luck with your demo - this is tough forum for it.

#60     Oct 14, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.