2/27/08 - YOU tell us if this is a bullish snapshot in time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Dollar doesn't matter.
    A weak dollar is actually good for the US economy, as it boosts exports, reducing imports.

Bernanke has said it clearly before.

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. I'm not married to a side, but for swing trading it is always better to be in congruence with the market and sector. Obviously my daily futures trading is not affected by my bullish nature as I will not hold futures overnight.

#12     Feb 27, 2008

3. Can you add few more lines of doom & gloom? That wasn't enough.

#13     Feb 27, 2008
  4. Cutten

Cutten

It's pretty bullish if you are long commodities.

#14     Feb 27, 2008
  5. kkob

kkob

Reading into news depends on what type of trader you are - daytrader, position/swing and/or investor. After some point you just learn to drown it out and focus on the charts.

The only thing that matters is price!

#15     Feb 28, 2008
  6. No, it is not bullish, but we really have not gone up a whole lot either.

THAT *could* be viewed as bearish.

I reference the old Market axiom: "Buy the rumor, sell the news" also works, "sell the rumor, buy the news."

What I am saying is, it is quite possible that the levels we are at right now was priced into this news because the rumor was sold.

Just my guess mind you - I have no idea why else we don't fall hard.

Another thought............SOMEONE is consistently buying at key levels when we *probably* should be falling thru them - IMO, the retail guys are not consistently buying at key levels - they ALWAYS buy at the top!

The moving force - or at least the guys keeping us from falling lower in this grind, comes right from the big money guys.....................why?

Crazy stuff!

All JMHO

#16     Feb 28, 2008
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

ImO Citigroup looks ready for a bounce

#17     Feb 28, 2008

8. YEP!!

#18     Feb 28, 2008
  9. Disagree :confused:

#19     Feb 28, 2008
  10. No, Yep means Yes. I agree.