2:15pm

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I am wierd.

And that's exactly what the market is, a credit junkie. Going through withdrawls is oddly similar to the fluctuations as of late. But just like a substance addict, the market needs to hit rock bottom in order to recover it's health. The question we're all trying to debate (over and over and over and...) is whether that bottom has been reached.

#11     Aug 7, 2007
  2. LT701

LT701

i think it's just had it's first cringe of DTs

the question is whether it goes off on another bender (rally) or starts drying out

#12     Aug 7, 2007
  3. If you study the psychology of the addict, you'll see that unless they hit rock bottom (alcohol, crack, whatever) they never recover and just perpetuate the problem.

So essentially the market needs to be half-naked, lying in an alley in a puddle of it's own vomit, with rats nibbling at it's testicles - before it realizes it cannot go any lower.

Are we there? Tune in tomorrow!

#13     Aug 7, 2007
  4. LT701

LT701

well, i think the fed's as much a pusher as a healer, and only promotes 'healing' when they're out of junk

their actions from 1999-current are nothing short of despicable

#14     Aug 7, 2007
  5. Bah, baloney...yesterday was short covering...
    People taking some profits..
    Let the news get out of the way, and then buy/sell/jerkoff...whatever..

#15     Aug 7, 2007
  6. I agree, why they just won't let the free market weed things out is just plain manipulation.

Why can't we just have a good cleansing, let the looser loose.

#16     Aug 7, 2007
  7. "Rate" cut? "Rate" increase? "Rate" unchanged? Rates are STILL at a generational low. Banks don't borrow Fed Funds. Either from correpsondents or repo's. Latter, priced at what the market bears. Federal Reserve only influences the short end of the yield curve.

Nuthin' but moral suasion. Might be good for a head fake.

#17     Aug 7, 2007
  8. Dogfish

Dogfish

9. LT701

LT701

HA HA HA - market wanted a hit off the crack pipe, got a trip to rehab instead

lol

#19     Aug 7, 2007
  10. Mvic

Mvic

I guess the Fed wasn't persuaded by Cramer's impassioned plea :)

#20     Aug 7, 2007