2:04 what happened??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Dec 26, 2002.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

As far as futures trading, it doesn't really matter.

--Db

#11     Dec 26, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

Hmmmm,

IMHO, it does matter, or I should say, it matters to me.

I am not trying to argumentative - As a discretionary trader, I honestly make use of the information in a strategic way during the day and following days when I trade the ES.

For a system trader, it is hard to tell if one could program a computer to make the right inference from knowing which "led" on the way....specially since the information is temporal and the time predicate is unknown...hmmm....I doubt it...

nitro

#12     Dec 26, 2002
  3. my bad. i did see the rlx making lows when i posted that, so i should have clarified.

#13     Dec 26, 2002
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm a discretionary trader as well, but if price is falling, I couldn't care less why.

--Db

#14     Dec 26, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

That you don't care is unarguable. But that is a long way from :

nitro

#15     Dec 26, 2002
  6. There was an exhaustion move up, future prices turned over, moved sideways, and then found resistance on my Gann square to the tick and tanked. Fairly simple.

#16     Dec 26, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

What is a "Gann square" ?

nitro :confused:

#17     Dec 26, 2002
  8. It refers to a "grid" of support and resistance lines calculated using Gann's Square of Nine. Many charting packages have this tool, but quite frankly, the math used to calculate these squares is INCORRECT. For example, in most charting packages that have this tool, a 45 degree line (or a 1 x 1 line) is a diagonal that rises one unit in price for every unit in time. Makes sense, right?..... but it is wrong. This is NOT the way Gann traded. Too confusing to discuss here in addition to my desire to keep it secret.

#18     Dec 26, 2002
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why? If you're trading futures, why should the reason for the move be a factor?

--Db

#19     Dec 26, 2002
  10. GreenTea

GreenTea

You may want to check out Ensign's charting tool:

http://www.ensignsoftware.com/pyrapoint.htm

They have done a good job with it.

#20     Dec 28, 2002