1st Trading Profit

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drobin, May 30, 2005.

1. drobin

drobin

Do you remember your first trading profit? What was the security and the realized gain? :cool:

2. MTE

MTE

Long NEM, closed for a 3.9% gain the next day. Coincidentally, that was my first trade ever - beginner's luck.:D

3. j1900q

j1900q

Bought sunshine mining in 1982, made about 7%.

4. Sashe

Sashe

TRF in 1996 (Templeton Russian Fund). Bought in a day at 19.50 before russian election as a "sure" thing (everyone knew Yeltsin would win). Out next day @26.50after Yeltsin victory announced . First trade in my life. 100 shares.

5. rwk

rwk

-- Soybean meal in early 1970. It ticked higher for several days then fell sharply on a report. I closed the trade for a gain of about $115, which was less than half the max open trade profit. I was a full time student, and it seems like pretty easy money, better than honest work any day.

6. ozzy

ozzy

She was a tall blonde, well developed for her age. Very mischeavous.

Whoooops wrong thread sorry.

ozzy

7. LOL

8. My first trade was shorting 5 ES contacts. I was up 3 points per contract, decided to buy and cover, and somehow screwed up the order. I ended up winning on the trade, but somehow Trade Station's arcane order entry system (at the time....broswer based) screwed me up.

Kind of funny how I thought every trade was going to be a winner back then. Unrealistic expectations. Now I am much more realistic, I expect to win on nearly every single one of my trades, just not every single one.

:D

9. maxpi

maxpi

Litton was being sued by the Navy over problems at their shipbuilding yard, their stock was $6 and they had enough cash to pay off all their debt and expand their whole operation 30%. I bought all the way up to $13 and eventually got a personal loan against the stock at the $30 level and used it to start an electronics business that went belly up in almost no time. The guy with the stocks for collateral sold at the $50 level.

10. my first trade was intc and it netted $40 :) that one however i had no idea what i was doing... i just bought a chip stock and it happened to go up.

my first real trade where i actually had a plan going in was hgmcy, and i forgot how much i netted but it was the first time when the market did what i thought it would do.

#10     May 30, 2005