1st Hour Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jones247, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Currently, I use MT4 for OTC/spot forex market and Optionsxpress for equity, futures and options. I'm considering bloomberg or esignal, although I've read mixed reviews on them. Perhaps I should give tradestation more consideration. There are a few veteran traders that I've interfaced with that use tradestation.

Walt

#11     Feb 23, 2008
  2. Joe,

It appears that your perspective on the 1st hour of trading conflicts with the early posts by maxpi and da-net. Maxpi agreed that many of the Bright Prop traders trade with the 1st hour's direction. Also, da-net was kind enough to attach a web seminar by Dr. John Clayburg. Dr. Clayburg asserts that on more than 75% of the time, the market will follow the trend of the 1st hour. That is an amazing edge if it's true!!!

So the big question is... which is better:
    (1) to follow the trend of the 1st 30 minutes to 1 hour, or
    (2) to expect a reversal from the 1st 30 minutes to 1hour?

Maybe the best bet is to go long & short simutaneously in the futures market with an index or SSF. Set a stop loss of about 1% and a take profit of 2%.

Walt

#12     Feb 23, 2008
  3. I will send you screen shots of what I do
    and you will get alot better Idea of how I trade

I use Time Zones and I also have some other things I use
    Just send me your e-mail and I will give you what you need.

Take Care,

Joe Baker

#13     Feb 23, 2008
  4. Joe,

I just sent you a PM. Also, I asked if you were familar to the strategies posted on firsthourtrading.com and 60minutetrader.com.

Is anyone else familar with the strategies/techniques promoted on those sites?

Walt

#14     Feb 25, 2008
  5. rickf

rickf

Sort of off-topic, but do you ever wonder if these trading system sites ever learned to design a website? I mean, how many of them just scroll and scroll and scroll past tons of CAPITALIZED or highlighted text, testimonials, and such?

IMHO such poorly-presented sites detract from any serious consideration in my eyes were I to want to subscribe or buy such products/services.

#15     Feb 25, 2008

6. Agreed.
    I took a look. The website virtually shouts at you to join.
    And it looks like you have to give a credit card to do the 30 day free trial

so - not for me
    although the thread is interesting

#16     Feb 25, 2008
  7. good web seminar

#17     Feb 25, 2008