1k to 100k

Discussion in 'Options' started by rsethura1, Apr 12, 2006.

1. cnms2

cnms2

Still holding on all your 20 contracts?
    • Quote from rsethura1:

I understand every ones response, but if i had say 30000 dollars and plunked it down on OTM calls, then yeah I am gambling, but i starting with 1000 dollars and i dont care if i have to catch a lucky break here or there to grow this, but the reason i posted gild was i had done my DD and saw where the stock was a week before i posted and checked out the estimates and thats why i posted gild...the options volume was also decent enough to play this. my goal was to sell this at .80, but if it stalls out at .60, i will gladly sell and take the 50%.

May be it is gambling, but atleast i am not throwing the money randomly with out any dd. again this is just my quest and if i fail at it, so be it...
      atleast i will be happy knowing that i plunked down 1k based on DD

#41     Apr 19, 2006
  2. Did you sell yet? at what price?

#42     Apr 19, 2006
  3. novel20

novel20

Fainted? :D

#43     Apr 19, 2006
  4. novel20

novel20

See so many people concern about you.

You are one lucky person. :D

#44     Apr 19, 2006
  5. cnms2

cnms2

I guess ... "no guts, no glory". He has the power of his convictions. That's not bad.

#45     Apr 19, 2006
  6. i have not sold yet...want to see the action today and tomorrow. but will pull the trigger for atleast half if it hits .60 for a 50% gain.

#46     Apr 20, 2006
  7. rsethura1,

Congrats, not so much for the outcome, but for sticking to your convictions.

Even though I agree that there are strategies that are better suited to minimize risk, what else could you have done with $1k? Nothing in my opinion, but I could be wrong. (any comments on this from the experts?)

The only way out when someone has such a small account is going for a home run.

I have done it before, so it is possible.

Hope this one works for you.

Cheers !

#47     Apr 20, 2006
  8. forgot to mention and for you to consider.

in directional plays, I never ever ever buy otm or atm. only itm or better yet ditm.

time really kills....

:cool:

do I see 12M pre-market? this thing is going to 67.50 min.....but one never knows..

#48     Apr 20, 2006
  9. Hey your target was hit today did you sell? .80?

#49     Apr 20, 2006
  10. Sold half of my calls at .80..and the rest now at 1.00

it worked out well.

#50     Apr 20, 2006