1k to 100k

Discussion in 'Options' started by rsethura1, Apr 12, 2006.

1. I have been trading options for the last year and half and have had good success. I am starting this thread because right now i feel there are some really good options plays, if played correctly can have nice double digit gains.

I am just posting my plays here and hopefully it helps everyone...

my first play:

Apr 65 calls GILD at .40

target = .80

2. sorry, starting out with 1000 dollars...

20 contracts GILD APR 65 calls (GDQDM) at .40 for a total of 800 dollars

target = .80

3. not doing this as a gimmick or paper trade etc, just to throw these trades out there. GILD earnings on 18th and as you know with option expiration on the 20th and time value almost nil, a good earnings report will really be good for this stock. I believe earnings will come out well...

this from 4/7/06

Morgan Stanley raised the price target on Gilead Sciences to $70 from $63, citing the upside potential of the company's core HIV drug business.

they had a great last quarter. so all these things and I am in apr 65 calls gild at .40

good luck

4. 1k to 100k? Well, it certainly won't be bumper-to-bumper. Most of the traffic is going the other way.

5. It may sound a lot 1k to 100k. but some real nice plays to be had out here...some stocks on my watch list are

SLB, GRMN, MRVL and if you play the may or june options, this will pan out...

just my 2 cents

6. WAWTU31

WAWTU31

I am a piker will play along for the lesson:

10 contracts GILD APR 65 calls (GDQDM) at .40 for a total of 400 dollars

7. maybe you should re think statement " 1k to 100k = nice double digit gains"; otherwise somebody will be tempted to take other side of your trade(s).

8. good luck man....thaks for visiting the thread. appreciate it

9. maybe you should re think statement " 1k to 100k = nice double digit gains"; otherwise somebody will be tempted to take other side of your trade(s).

you mean just for the heck of it...let me know

10. btw , GILD did NOT moved a lot in the last five earning's report : -.3 , 2.6 , 0 , -4.6 , 5.1.
    You need 6% gain in price from current levels just to break even,
    But everything is possible.
    Good luck

#10     Apr 12, 2006