19" Lcd $130a/r

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wareco, May 31, 2006.

1. Honestly, I like them both. Neither one had any dead pixels. I don't use either one for trading. I already had a pair of Planar PX 191s for that. If I had to pick, I would probably say the GEM. However, if I recall properly, I did have a problem getting the rebate. I had to send an e-mail asking where my rebate was. I did get a response apologizing, and promising to get me a check in 2 weeks. The rebate check came less than a week later. Hcour apparently had the same problem. As far as the Hanns-G, its too early for the rebate to hit yet. Hopefully, I won't have a problem.

#21     Jun 18, 2006
  2. #22     Jun 18, 2006
  3. Adobian

Adobian

Yes I know, I read that reviews :)

But comparing them side by side, Envision and AOC stood out as the best picture, clearest, best colors, etc. Among these were SamSung, ViewSonic, NEC etc, which were slightly better ... and Sony which were clearly better. But these no name brand Envision and AOC, particularly AOC, impressed me quite a bit . I judge these with my eyes, not by reading reviews.

#23     Jun 18, 2006
  4. nlslax

nlslax

#24     Jun 18, 2006
  5. Adobian

Adobian

#25     Jun 18, 2006
  6. nlslax

nlslax

Help me out here please.
    DVI - What is it and what is it used for?
    I need the monitor for basic charting and Windows documents.
    Thanks.

#26     Jun 18, 2006
  7. DVI didn't seem to matter much when I switched back and forth for charting, simply digital vs. analog, that's it. I couldn't really tell, maybe 5 minutes of viewing wasn't enough?

#27     Jun 18, 2006
  8. Adobian

Adobian

Sorry, I may have been too much of a perfectionist. DVI might not be important to you if you don't care much about the fine details that a demanding photographer of a videographer wants .

No DVI is perfectly OK for trading environment.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3174_7-5136369-1.html

#28     Jun 19, 2006
  9. nlslax

nlslax

Thanks Adobian,
    I appreciate your taking the time to look that up for me.

I try to be skeptical of the lowest price in anything, but from what I've read Viewsonic has a good line of monitors. I just wanted to be sure that the least expensive of their products will still do the job for me.

Thanks again.

#29     Jun 19, 2006
  10. BCE

BCE

A good discussion here. Thanks everyone for the input. I'm just looking for good quality LCDs and not necessarily the cheapest as I would use them eventually for digital graphics work too. I might buy 2 - 19" ones and maybe one bigger one to put between them. Is there somewhere where they talk about the different characteristics of these? Thx.

#30     Jun 19, 2006