19 inch monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boomer, Mar 21, 2004.

1. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

find a local computer show near you, or if you're into ham radio, you can find some very cheap deals at ham radio hamfests (swap meets basically).....

#11     Mar 21, 2004
  2. I bought 2 used 21" Sony monitors (G500) in january of this year. One of them I won at Ebay for $162.50 plus 45.00 shipping = $207.50.

The other one I won for 182.50 plus $45.00 shipping = $227.50.

Just watch the shipping price at Ebay....each seller has a different shipping and handling price. Also note the sales tax states.

I have had no problems with these monitors.....

Michael B.

#12     Mar 21, 2004
  3. I just picked up my Envision LCD monitor at Best Buy last week. I love it. The clarity is excellent. I purchased it for under $600. Best Buy gives you a 6 months to pay it off at 0% interest if you don't have all the cash up front.

Envision tech support is excellent. For an extra $49 you can get a 5 year extended warranty, which means if anything goes wrong with your LCD monitor within the 5 years, they will immediately send out a replacement. Of course they debit your credit card until they receive your bad monitor and then credit it back after they receive it.

I hope to get a mate for this one in the future after a few trades. Heres a web site for the crew if you are thinking of going multiple monitors and need a quality stand for a dual or quad set-up

http://www.lcdmonitorarm.com/:)

#13     Mar 22, 2004
  4. Boomer

Boomer

could someone give me a quick list of specs to compare these monitors? like dot pitch, and all the other stuff, and a quick description. thanks...

#14     Mar 22, 2004
  5. Sony CPD-G500 21" CRT 19.8" viewable virtually flat high res

max res 2048x1536 @75Hz
    rec res 1600x1200@85Hz

weight 70.5 lbs , size 19.6"x18.9"x18.8"

Michael B.

#15     Mar 22, 2004
  6. Boomer

Boomer

#16     Mar 22, 2004
  7. Boomer,

If your a trader and use your computer for 2d charts, then I suggest you get the biggest monitor you can afford....Screen real estate, refresh rate, and resolution are the deciding factors....also lifespan would be good to consider since they will be on 6 or 7 hours miniumum per day.

Sony and Nec seem to be good for the CRT's and Samsung seems to be good for LCd's among others.

I am leary of the envision(you generally do not repair a monitor).....but why have only a 17" monitor?.......price?

Michael B.

#17     Mar 22, 2004
  8. Boomer

Boomer

your right, i have decided to try and get 2 19's. i have been looking on ebay, and there are some decent deals.
    one question, when it gives the resolution and then say 87hz, what does the 87 mean? refresh? and do you want that number low or high. thanks...

#18     Mar 22, 2004
  9. Yeah the higher the better....don't go below 65

try to get 1600x1200 res....you can fit a lot on the screen with that....its smaller text but if you have a 19" you should be okay.

Michael B.

#19     Mar 22, 2004
  10. EIZO's worth double the price of the Samsungs???

I have 2 Samsung 191T for over 2 years now and love them....

but was looking to see if there was anything better as far as 19's go....

Eizo's are double the price of the Samsungs.....but the specs on the Samsungs are better...

what am I missing?

#20     Mar 22, 2004