19 important things you should know about PowerShares QQQ before you buy it

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Landonfisher, Aug 13, 2018.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

i remember how in the late 90-th my podiatrist proudly informed me that he bought about 1 mil $. of QQQ. for some hundred dollars and change per share.

that was a signal to me that the end is comming.

in a few years he sold all those shares for about thirty and change....

that was a signal to me to change the podiatrist :)

as for the cnbc and others they are akin the baseball commentators... they know the stats , the players, the schedule, but for those who know how to play the game they are useless, and for those who do not know how (but still playing) they are useless too

in fact they are promoters of the game, for the unsuspecting public - they bringing tons of small fish to the whales

#11     Aug 14, 2018
    digitalnomad and murray t turtle like this.
  2. Ni
    A very nice post, learned from it. Thanks

#12     Aug 15, 2018
    murray t turtle and Landonfisher like this.
  3. %%
    LOL; lack of a selling plan is a real killer; + ''panic sellers never win-Art Cashin/NYSE/UBS'' LOL .PS if you buy JNPR @$ 200 +/, like i did + remember to get a selling plan.LOL:cool::cool:

#13     Aug 17, 2018
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

unfortunately it goes beyond that since most of those who have the selling plan have baseless selling plan and therefore needlessly churning their own account

one either know how to trade/invest (their number approaching 0), or do not - then their only hope is to be lucky (and there are quite a few of them - "God looks out for blind men, drunken sailors, and the United Stats of America (Bismarck) ... )

#14     Aug 17, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. %%
    I use that sunglasses ichan for cool ;not being blind. LOL-LOL:cool::cool:

#15     Aug 17, 2018
  6. rwnomad

rwnomad

If you had bought and held the QQQ in 1999(which is when I started trading), you would now be slightly profitable. Not a very good return on that 19 year period. If you are into buy and hold you can probably do a lot worse than watching Buffett. When he was buying in the last downturn the market was close to the bottom. Buying QQQ SPY IWM etc. at bear market bottoms is a good strategy. Or dollar cost average in over a full cycle. Spouting off about how great QQQ is and you can't beat it is just drivel.

#16     Aug 25, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. So true. 10,000 spectators and analysts for every 1 superstar. Easier to just sit, watch, and shoot your mouth around, than put your nose the grindstone.

#17     Aug 25, 2018
  8. %%
    $ cost average; who wants to wait 10 +years for a bear market+ bottoms are not really known until they are over.Plus dividends.:cool::cool:

#18     Apr 8, 2019