18 year old trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Hester, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hester

Hester

Thanks, I am not too experienced with the whole cramer bounce thing. I am going to start paying a little more attention to that. Seems to be a legion of people that mindlessly buy whatever he promotes, but after that initial bounce the next day I assume the cramer buyers will all be in and retracements will be in order. Gonna look into it.

#11     Sep 16, 2009
  2. Hester

Hester

I am taking mathematics in college and I have been sim trading since Febuary. But I might as well give up on all that because until I turn 40 I don't know shit about crap.

#12     Sep 16, 2009
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

It may not be that bad; I actually started to learn shit about crap at 39. :D

I'm subscribing to your journal because when I first started trading last year, this was my strategy and it was quite profitable. I'm contemplating using one of my small accounts to start doing that again via options, so I look forward to your journey.

#13     Sep 16, 2009
  4. Hester

Hester

lol. Hopefully I can learn something from you and shorten the learning curve so I can know shit about crap by 38. Welcome to the journey.

#14     Sep 16, 2009
  5. ur strategy sounds just a little like timothy sykes

#15     Sep 16, 2009
  6. That sounds like a doodie ball strategy. I think you will fail miserably, you are under capitalized if you're making those kinds of bets with 1k on a 35k account. What happens when the market doesn;t move, and every option you own goes to shit? I'll check back in 6 months and see if you're still solvent.

I think you should take 25k-35k and daytrade/swingtrade futures.
    Try to make 5-10 trades a day, and try to consistantly put up 500+ every day, trade like that for a year, don't think about the money. GL

#16     Sep 16, 2009
  7. dirkd

dirkd

i wasn't trying to be rude or judgemental, i was refering to my own knowledge at 18 compared to what i have now. I am only trying to give you some advice so you don't blow your 30k. at 18 you have plenty of time to learn about trading. you need to be taking upper level math courses, statistics probabilities, lots of pyschology. You need to know yourself and your own fears. but the reality is that at 18 you dont know shit about crap. you will understand that when you get older. good luck.

#17     Sep 16, 2009
  8. I'll say it first, just watch what happens in a about a year... lol

#18     Sep 17, 2009
  9. who knows this guy might be a prodigy. give him some props for trying. we all start from somewhere and most of us start off as losers. being a loser at first doesn't mean we would stink at this business. let him find his niche and go from there. we may have experience in failures but who are we to tell him about our experiences. everyone has to go thru those challenges by themselves.

#19     Sep 17, 2009
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

Do you mean you only invested a grand or that you placed a stop loss on the trade that would cost you at most a grand?

#20     Sep 17, 2009