18 Reported Dead In El Paso Mass Shooting, Alleged Racist ‘Manifesto’ Posted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Wallet

Wallet

There are some laws where loopholes could be closed, others are slippery slopes that could be exploited politically.

But the fact remains criminals do not abide by laws, and someone mentally hellbent on killing will find a way. This one didn't use a gun.

Cure the cause not the symptoms.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

#61     Aug 4, 2019
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Got to go back to 1995 :rolleyes:

How many have been kill with guns vs bombs since than?

#62     Aug 4, 2019
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Look, everybody down here goes after everybody else. None of us know each other in real life.
    When one of you write something I like or agree with, I tell ya so too.

Ok so this guy in El Paso was a racist pos. It sounds like he was. But lets put this incident aside for a minute and look at the dozens and dozens of other mass shootings in this country. I can remember Obama coming on TV and saying he's sick of having to come on once a week to say something about another tragedy. This was way before Trump ok. Lets pause the whole racist discussion and lets just talk mass shootings for a minute.

This is what Clubber wrote and I strongly agree with it. Had one of you wrote it, I'd be saying the same damn thing. Things have changed. Its fucked up. There's gotta be a reason, and I think what he wrote nails many of the factors.

1- what percentage of sub 18 year olds are on some kind of medication for whatever??

2- The Internet, cell phones, social media. Kids used to be able to escape the harassment after school was over. Now they are attacked 24/7 on FB, TWTR, Instagram, etc.

3- Kids aren’t allowed to get in fist fights anymore. Just like the NHL, let the kids police themselves. Take a few punches, dish out a beating, etc and the bullying will stop.
    Now they bottle everything up until it escalates into a massacre.

4- The Media GLORIFIES the shooters. Posts their names, pictures, manifestos, etc all over the TV, Internet, radio etc 24/7 for weeks.

#63     Aug 4, 2019
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Its a lot easier,practical and realistic to keep guns out of their hands than the bull shit clubber posted

#64     Aug 4, 2019
  5. Fad

Fad

I was talking about reducing the death tolls. Mass murder it would seem, is part of American life now. I'd say America has gone beyond repair in that respect, unfortunately.

Take assault weapons out of the equation and the number of gun related deaths in America will be significantly reduced - fact.

#65     Aug 4, 2019
    Nine_Ender likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Bs you say?
    You don't think 24/7 bullying that belittles a young person in front of perhaps 1000's in their school doesn't fuck with their self-esteem? I couldn't imagine what that must be like.
    You don't think bottling up emotion until you can't bottle it up any more is healthy?
    Why do you think the teen suicide rate in this country keeps climbing? Too many guns? I don't think that's it Tony.
    Its f'd up. Maybe you're to young to remember a world without social media and the 24/7 news cycles... but I promise you things have changed because of it. Mostly for the worse imo, and seeing as how I have lived on both sides of that generational change and I'm not fucking stupid, I think my opinion is pretty well informed.

#66     Aug 4, 2019
  7. "Its a lot easier,practical and realistic to keep guns out of their hands than the bull shit clubber posted"

And there it is, just what I'm talking about. It's easier? Easy won't fix this. It is not at all practical or realistic to ban guns. Clubber is right on point and it's very complicated. There is no easy fix. The knee just reaction of the left for every problem is lets tax it, or lets ban it. How's that been working out?

#67     Aug 4, 2019
    vanzandt and Clubber Lang like this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

eh...pussies like these are easily manipulated animals. Fox or father figures like Trump tells them their failings in life are because of blacks, muslims, Mexicans, insert scapegoat, and they'll believe it.

It's the same strategy that leads to suicide bombers and we have no problem denouncing that brainwashing rhetoric. Now because Trumpers have buyers remorse they'll double down instead of admitting the obvious.

edit: Just came across this gem a few minutes after writing the above:

Rod Rosenstein, the former deputy attorney general, wrote on Twitter late Saturday that “killing random civilians to spread a political message is terrorism.”

“F.B.I. classifies it as domestic terrorism, but ‘white terrorism’ is more precise,” Mr. Rosenstein said on Twitter. “Many of the killers are lone-wolf losers indoctrinated to hate through the internet, just like Islamic terrorists.”

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    #68     Aug 4, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

You cannot do anything about the 70MM ARs in the US... but you can prohibit ammo and mag sales.

#69     Aug 4, 2019
    Tony Stark and Fad like this.
  10. Fad

Fad

Just do something! And hurry up about it!

#70     Aug 4, 2019