18 Reported Dead In El Paso Mass Shooting, Alleged Racist ‘Manifesto’ Posted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

"good people" on other side running over Jews now:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...nd-wyatt/?noredirect=on&utm_source=reddit.com

A truck drove into ICE protesters outside a private prison. They say a guard was at the wheel.

The protesters were sitting on the pavement to block staff from parking at a Rhode Island prison that works with Immigration and Customs Enforcement when a black pickup truck swerved toward them. The protesters shouted as the driver laid on the horn, and the truck briefly stopped.

And then, the driver hit the gas.

In a viral video captured by bystanders, the protesters screamed and jumped out of the way. Several were struck, according to organizers of the Wednesday night demonstration at the Wyatt Detention Facility in Central Falls, R.I. Some were treated at a hospital, though none were severely injured.

“It was terrifying because we didn’t know what exactly his intention was,” Amy Anthony, a spokesperson for Never Again Action, a Jewish activist group that planned the protest, told The Washington Post. “It certainly appeared he was trying to hit us.”

The driver, protesters say, was a correctional officer employed by the privately run facility who was wearing a badge and a uniform — an assertion backed up by video of the incident. Police officers working at the protest did not intervene, Anthony said, and the driver eventually walked into the prison after other guards pepper-sprayed the protesters.

“It’s obvious that there was an assault that took place,” Anthony said. “We’re not sure what we can do now.”

#241     Aug 15, 2019
  2. Wallet

Wallet

No one was seriously hurt. People want to protest, fine protest. But blocking streets, business entrances etc. equates more to financial blackmail. You play in the street, eventually someone gets “not seriously hurt”.

#242     Aug 15, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Proof positive ICE is not law enforcement

#243     Aug 15, 2019
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...insulted-him-after-visiting-shooting-n1042936
    El Paso's GOP mayor says Trump insulted him after visiting mass shooting victims
    Dee Margo told "Frontline" that the president called him a RINO, a derisive moniker meaning "Republican in Name Only."
    “He said, ‘You’re a RINO,’ and I said, ‘No sir, I’m not a RINO, I simply corrected the misinformation you were given by our attorney general, and that’s all I did’,” Margo told "Frontline," adding that the president grinned when the mayor pushed back against the nickname.

RINO is often used by Republicans to disparage others within the party who are not sufficiently conservative.

Trump sharply criticized the mayor in February during an El Paso campaign rally, saying Margo and others were "full of crap" for saying portions of the wall built nearby did not reduce crime in the city.

"And I don’t care if a mayor is a Republican or a Democrat, they’re full of crap when they say it hasn’t made a big difference," Trump said at the time. Margo excoriated Trump when he made similar comments during his State of the Union address earlier this year.

"El Paso was NEVER one of the MOST dangerous cities in the US. We‘ve had a fence for 10 years and it has impacted illegal immigration and curbed criminal activity. It is NOT the sole deterrent. Law enforcement in our community continues to keep us safe," Margo tweeted in February.

#245     Aug 16, 2019
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Looking for the WH mugshot tweet of the El Paso shooter. I can't seem to find it?

#246     Aug 16, 2019
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

...but every kkk & neo nazi group will remain protected under the 1st. Next step, consider leftists "commie terrorists"

#247     Aug 18, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

#248     Aug 20, 2019
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Rhetoric from both sides to be blamed for that one.

The right for promoting racism and the non-whites for saying they just want to live.

#249     Aug 21, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

but remember guys, the President's tweets carry much less weight..

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...ams-the-real-story-behind-trumps-attack-on-me

Now I know firsthand how fast political coverage of President Trump leads to bullying and threats.

When Trump tweeted out last week that my political analysis of him was “nasty,” “pathetic” and “wrong,” it led to an instant stream of vile comments via email and on my social media feeds.

And, yes, you’re right. I’m a big boy. I can ignore his bullying, even his followers’ death threats.

But this goes beyond Trump skewering me.

He is engaged in a coordinated attack on every journalist’s ability to hold him accountable, call out his lies and critique his failed policies.

Trump targeted me last week after watching a “Fox News Sunday” discussion of the damage being done by what I called his “brutish” strategy for forcing China to agree to a new trade deal.

#250     Aug 26, 2019