18.3% of personal income is from food stamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 28, 2011.

1. TGREG:

#@^% `em. If some losers want to steal from me, I have no qualms about turning them into premium grade plant food. If a bunch of people don't want to work and are rioting or engaging in violence in an attempt to get handouts and freebies then it's time to help Mother Gia and reduce the population. Mow `em down. Parasites are an economic drain on a healthy organism.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well TGREG, with that said I agree. However, I think the smartest thing for people who are not freeloaders, to do, is to seek a new "State" to live in. I do not see things changing for the better and the East Coast is sure to be like CA in the next few years.

Staying in a State that preaches and backs Parasites and their Ideology is just plain stupid. I know it may be hard to move a family, look for another job, etc. However, it will be to "your" own demise if you stay in states like IL, NY, MA, NH, CA, etc.

I would rather move to a Pro Capitalist State, one that backs the 2nd Amendment and one that sticks up for "State Rights" against the Parasites rather than be in a situation where I have to break out my AR 15 and start making Plant Food. This would be a means of last resort.

So, I would advise first to leave the Scumbag Liberal States that "You" may reside in first.

If violence comes to the state that is Free, Capitalistic then violence is no other option.

But leave the Scum to suffer their own fate in their own making, let the Liberal States go belly up, riots and high unemployment take over.

We can still move between States without the FED gov restricting such, at this moment.

#51     May 1, 2011
  2. Take your head out of the paperwork . I see this with my own 3 eyes. How many of these poor poor souls have hidden their assets off the books for 20 years.

They have cars, they smoke, they drink. they spend your money .

90% are deadbeats.

#52     May 2, 2011
  3. jprad

jprad

Cut the crap, there's maybe 2-3% committing fraud.

And, if you do see someone committing fraud and you don't report them then you're as much to blame as they are.

#53     May 2, 2011
  4. It's why most of them are in an "all cash bidness". They make out like bandits that way; don't pay income taxes AND are able to collect all the bennies on top of it.

#54     May 2, 2011
  5. Those numbers are so far off, I have to think you've completely lost your mind.

Do you not understand that this economy literally RUNS off of all sorts of entitlement fraud and padding of transfer payments?

Do you not realize that if all of these illegitimate substantive payments were cut off tomorrow, that this entire economy would nosedive at breakneck speed?

#55     May 2, 2011
  6. jprad

jprad

Where, exactly, did I mention the entire program of entitlements? I'd welcome means testing for social security and medicare benefits. It was meant as a safety net but, it's become a supplement to a lot of people who simply don't need the extra money.

Can't take that hard a line when it comes to SSDI and SNAP, even with the fraud that goes on. It takes a really jaded person to say that these programs are not a lifeline for the truly needy.

The total cost of foodstamps is less important than the year/year rise this past decade. Much as the price of gold and silver show the true damage that the Fed's monetary policy has done to the dollar, so does the rise in expenditures for foodstamps when it comes to the real number of unemployed and underemployed:

[​IMG]

#56     May 2, 2011
  7. Y'all have trouble explaining the problem, while CCR said it so well:

“Five-Year Plans and New Deals, Wrapped in Golden Chains”

Seneca

#57     May 3, 2011
  8. All I can say is holy shit. I'm working hard to make my money and there are people out there who sit around and collect checks disbursed from a fund that I contributed to? I never even agreed to that!!

Maybe I'm an asshole but I think there are people out there who are too empathetic. People who cannot contribute to society really have no place in society. Those empathetic people have managed to place a huge crutch on our economy and to get out of that is going to be really difficult.

#58     May 3, 2011
  9. If I were diplomatic about this situation I'd crack down so hard on the means testing and/or ability for anyone to game the system whatsoever. If somebody were to fraudulently obtain food stamps and were found to have hidden assets, those assets would immediately be seized.

I don't care what the statistics say for fraud, it's far more pervasive than they are letting on. Anybody who has a pulse on how things work knows firsthand that there are many, many people rolling up to grocery stores in some $30,000 car and walking out with a few hundred bucks worth of groceries on the government's dime.

Realistically, if the current monetary insanity continues for several more years, that food stamp participating rate will double. At which point, some very hard decisions will have to be made about how we support a permanent dependant class in perpetuity. There will probably have to be forced relocation of residents to farmland to ease the burden off of the government. I can't see any possible way that we can continue this madness for a prolonged period of time.

#59     May 3, 2011
  10. The Government SHOULD guard the public purse like it were the Crown Jewels... which in fact, it is.

But those in power toss benefits around willy nilly in order to secure votes. They should be caned/whipped/jailed for that.

#60     May 3, 2011