18.3% of personal income is from food stamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 28, 2011.

1. And why does this surprise anyone?

I'm getting a kick reading more and more "Economic" post on this site. The tone is of Surprise that all this is happening.

Then there are the "It's getting better don't worry camp". They are fun to read as well.

How about, the PARASITE CAMP on this site. The very enemies that are voting for the Destruction of Capitalism in the name of " Human Interest" Their post are the most pathetic. Their belief that Business should pursue the Moral "GOOD" for the COMMON Cause, the little guy and not pursue Profits. Profits are evil...

#31     Apr 30, 2011
  2. Ive been talking about this for a long time. Seeing everyone from 85 year olds to perfectly healthy 20 year olds using food stamps.

If you're not getting a check, you're a sucker.

#32     Apr 30, 2011
  3. If you're not getting a check, you're a sucker.
    -------------------------------------------------\|

Typical Parasite Reasoning.

I sure do hope that the "Utopia" you clowns push for comes to be.

Idiots

#33     Apr 30, 2011
  4. jprad

jprad

Bullshit.

It's not profit that's the problem, it's how you earned it that matters.

I'm all for capitalism the way Apple practices it, by competing and winning in the marketplace. I'm totally against the brand of capitalism that WalMart and a lot of other companies practice.

#34     May 1, 2011
  5. jprad

jprad

Really? Obviously, you've not read the eligibility section on able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs) for qualifying to get food stamps.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/applicant_recipients/eligibility.htm

We be a lot better off if all entitlement programs had similar means tests.

#35     May 1, 2011
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you!

#36     May 1, 2011
  7. TGregg

TGregg

#@^% `em. If some losers want to steal from me, I have no qualms about turning them into premium grade plant food. If a bunch of people don't want to work and are rioting or engaging in violence in an attempt to get handouts and freebies then it's time to help Mother Gia and reduce the population. Mow `em down. Parasites are an economic drain on a healthy organism.

#37     May 1, 2011
  8. piezoe

piezoe

The actuaries take all that into account except for fraud.

#38     May 1, 2011
  9. August

August

The problem though is that your describing a very low value type of country. Who wants to live in a place where you can only defend your wealth with an AR 15?

And, remember, once it comes to that, there will always be someone with a bigger gun. Once your weapon stash is your protection, someone will just send in bombs... because... they've got more money than you / more connections... and you're obliterated because you didn't fit into their plan.

#39     May 1, 2011
  10. zdreg

zdreg

the best way to discourage people from taking government benefits is to have them work at dirty jobs ande a low wage to receive the benefits. make it unattractive enough they will find a job or create a job for themselves. of course 99 weeks of unemployment checks makes for a permanent class of unemployables.

#40     May 1, 2011