18.3% of personal income is from food stamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Crispy

Crispy

IF the federal government were actually run accordiing to the US Constitution we would be flush.

As it stands its the debt endgame. They will never cut entitlements. They will never gut the military complex.

They will spend until they cant lend. We are being enabled by the countries who need our purchasing to stay afloat themselves as the USA is still where the tire hits the road on the scale of worldwide economies concern.

Symbiotic leeching...keynesian endgame afoot.

Occam knows it and we all know it deep down as well. Its so obvious.

Inflate and debase until they detonate. Then reset...

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. jprad

jprad

Actually, both parties have done a magnificent job...

[​IMG]

#12     Apr 28, 2011
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

And the opposite happened in CA. Gray Davis inherited a surplus from a Reagan-style Republican and turned CA into a big gov't, debt-ridden nightmare. The Terminator had some ideas to turn things around but ran into union dogs & others who were worse than any villian he met on screen.

Having said that, I don't defend Bush's spending at all, nor Obama's.

#13     Apr 28, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

perhaps you should read up on exactly where the spending actually gets approved, and then re-look at who had what hand in the timeframe you are referring to.

#14     Apr 28, 2011
  5. Cut military spending and you get unemployed soldiers, weapons factory workers and millions of people who have become dependent on the military industrial complex.

IMHO the whole economic model based on perpetual growth needs to stop. When government creates policy based on zero growth we'll be alright.

#15     Apr 28, 2011
  6. If you take away basic benefits, what about riots and social disorder? What if they come and rob your house for food?

There are more hungry people than you have ammo for and don't forget, they have guns too.

#16     Apr 28, 2011
  7. olias

olias

Correct.

Let's stop the blame game altogether. What are we 5 years old?

We have a problem, let's work together to address it and stop vilifying those that don't see it exactly the same as we do.

#17     Apr 28, 2011
  8. Welcome to OBAMA NATION.

He did not start it but he sure did push the FREELOADER Ideas.

Class Warfare is on. Pick your side. Money is the only thing that will save you now. Republican Party will not.

#18     Apr 28, 2011
  9. olias

olias

that's a totally valid point. If wealth continues to be concentrated into the hand of fewer and fewer members of society...you have an unstable society. You will have a revolution at some point.

You can cry about unfairness all you want, but finding a way to keep wealth somewhat evenly distributed is a must.

And this doesn't just play out within the country. This holds true for the world as well.

Forget 'God bless the USA'. How about 'God bless the world' ? (sorry I got off on a tangent here)

#19     Apr 28, 2011
  10. if you take away basic benefits, what about riots and social disorder? What if they come and rob your house for food?
    ------------------------

Well for all you Progressives, your fucked. As the state you live in probably prohibits guns for law abiding citizens.

For me, I'm in Texas. AR 15, 9mm, Glock are what I have. Plenty of ammo. As do most law abiding people around me and we live in a City.

Think back on how many times criminals were shot dead in Texas by legal, Licensed gun carriers? I can name a shit load.

So, with that said, not worried about the Freeloaders, riots or social disorder in my area. Not only do we have great cops and Texas National Guard...we have citizens who are armed and I would say armed very well.

Game over for the freeloaders. GOV is out of money.

#20     Apr 28, 2011