17 year old Beginner

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by iLLywiLLy, Apr 17, 2004.

1. send your resume to mbfcc

good luck

#21     Apr 17, 2004
  2. Keep your nose clean in this business. Don't get mixed up with anyone who promises you fast or easy money. Trading is not like it was in the late 90's so making $40,000 a day or a even a week is tough.
    Keep reading and get a good education. The market will always be there for you.

#22     Apr 18, 2004
  3. I don't remember the exact stats but for scientists great discoveries are done for many before their adult majority age. After that they are absorbed by conventional thoughts and so don't invent any more.

#23     Apr 18, 2004
  4. Trade

#24     Apr 18, 2004
  5. stocon

stocon

6. Are you planning on being a system trader or discretionary trader.

e.g. will you have set rules that are based on a technical system that you have backtested OR trade with your own discretion?
    :p

#26     Apr 18, 2004
  7. agree.

i am a third year computer science student. i've spent my spare time learning about the market and to trade. as a computer science student, my spare time = sleep time. it aint pretty when i fall asleep in dark lecture rooms.

you would be better off getting a real education as an undergrad. ie. engineering, math, stats. no bull SH****T majors(includes business/finance), and learn about the markets while in school. take as many economics, finance, accounting courses as possible. sit in them if they dont let you add the classes(which is what im doing)

if trading doesnt work out for you, you will still have something to fall back on.

#27     Apr 18, 2004
  8. You are asking a board filled with anonymous people for their guidance. Characters on a stage.

Your well-laid plans at 17 will all dissolve. What will you do when you lose trading 30 shares to get a feel? How can you have the emotional development/security/experience to fall back on?

Just live life and hold on to your dreams. Find god, yourself and grow in your discoveries and gain the wisdom and experience that you need and that only time can give.

When your ready in 5 or 120 years, find out where YOU fit in to this picture that you have so thoughtfully laid out. But at 17 years old... wait, ok?

Trading is a numbers game and an emotional roller coaster....or it can be a profitable balanced chess game. I suspect you will find the latter to suit you best. But I am only guessing from your post and deduct that you like to plan things out.

Hope this helps. You have a lot of courage to post what you did...and don't take it to heart ok?

Michael B.

#28     Apr 18, 2004
  9. Mecro

Mecro

Yeah uhm, that's what I thought when I got my Finance degree while missing the biggest bullmarket ever. I really made the right choice missing out on making easy millions to get a near worthless degree into a dead job market.

A Bachelor's is worth nothing nowdays and a Master's is going in the same direction. If you want to trade then learn about trading and make the sacrifices. College will teach you NOTHING about the financial markets. If anything, you will only get a bunch of bullshit theoretical ideas in your head.

I look back now at the decision I made to have a "back-up" and I kick myself in the ass.

#29     Apr 18, 2004
  10. smdeen

smdeen

I can send you cd free of cost.It covers all the are of the stock market.
    If intrested let me know

#30     Apr 19, 2004