17% of Navy Seal Team 6 Wiped Out..

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dictator&king, Aug 7, 2011.

1. piezoe

piezoe

That is an astute observation, and based on historical precedent seems correct. I will add that historical precedent also suggests that a war can be pursued for a considerable time even after citizen sentiment has obviously turned against it. When there is both pride and money at stake, the will of the people, if it is counter to government action, is ignored, and this can potentially continue until there is either financial ruin or a revolution.

The unfortunate thing in the case of the U.S. is that Einstein's observation, {i}viz.,[/i] that doing the same thing but expecting different results is a sign of insanity, is being ignored.

We see the first sign of citizen revolt in the rise of the Tea Party. These folks may be largely dim-witted and deranged, but the reason they are popping up is obvious.

#21     Aug 8, 2011
  2. What "astute observation"? Everybody knows this. How many sheikhs and emirs did the Soviets kill? Countless. How many Afghans did the Spetnasz hunt down in their MI-24's and yet they still have to leave Afghanistan with tails between their legs

#22     Aug 8, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

I would say the chances were strong that a German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois would have been on board.:(

Very sad to hear of the loss of these lives.:( :( :( Some were probably members of the bin laden kill mission.

My prayers to their Families.

#23     Aug 8, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Leon Pannetta just came out and said that:

1. None of the Bin Laden raiders were killed.

2. The fatalities accounted to 10 % of Seal Team Six troop strength.

#24     Aug 8, 2011
  5. The war has gotten to this? Not even how many people killed but percentages of people killed?

#25     Aug 8, 2011