16yo Wins $3 million Fortnite World Cup

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Option_Attack, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Gotta make the money in quite a short time before the physical strain wears your body out. e-sports is a serious health hazard. Anyone trying to do a career out of it should spend a lot of their time in the gym and elsewhere tending to their body.

2. Looks pretty easy. Kid only had to beat out 40 million other players...

3. dozu888

dozu888

the Overwatch League has an age span 18-29... so it's not that different from traditional sports..

yes it's a hard grind... my son's team scrim 6 hours a day, 6 days a week... but it's super 'chill' - how many boys have this dream to play games for a living lol..

the OWL teams usually have a team house where the players eat/sleep/train, with dedicated cook and physical trainer.

4. dozu888

dozu888

fortnite is boring tbh :)

overwatch has more action... https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/

right now there is a match going on... first week of Stage 4.

5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

It's not just about how long you can be in the game, but also your physical (and depending on sociability, mental) health in your thirties.

Team house sounds like a solution, yeah. I'm not following the development of e-sports very closely as I had too much of a share of gaming growing up, lol. These days I'm happy with my 5-10 h/week gaming as opposed to 14 h+/day I would happily do as a teen if not school prevented me.

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

r/whoosh

oh, joke's on me, you're actually serious

7. dozu888

dozu888

what now lol

8. d08

d08

I quit the gaming scene just as it was taking off in the early to mid 2000s. Played with some guys that won an event in Korea. It sure was nice doing something fun and being good at it. The depleted adrenaline afterwards wasn't always pleasant though.

9. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

I was actually replying to a post Dozu deleted, that statement wouldn't have been my choice in response to topic starter.

#10     Jul 28, 2019