16 years 9 months, crazy fast global warming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jun 8, 2014.

1. jem

jem

the ocean has been warming for 100 years... releasing CO2. The question is what is warming the oceans Is it the sun or is it coming from the core through the vents and the volcanoes? Could it be something man has done? we don't know... but there is little reason to suspect its man made co2.

(plus after the ocean warms the air warms. I believe I also read that like the way warmer air holds more water vapor - warmer air also holds more co2...
    but don't quote me on that one... its been a while since I remember reading that. )

#31     Jun 9, 2014
  2. Ricter

Ricter

That begs the question. Has there been a change in our orbit or the Sun's cycle, in 100 years, of sufficient magnitude to explain the oceans warming to the degree that they release CO2 in quantities not seen for 800k years?

#32     Jun 9, 2014
  3. Jem must have forgotten that the 40% increase in CO2 is from man. Yeah that's it, he just forgot.

#33     Jun 9, 2014
  4. jem

jem

go out and google it and find some scientific papers to support your argument. I grow weary of the complete lack of science from your side. Its the consensus... well thats bullshit too.

your side has been defeated a 100 different ways... including apparently in 71 papers last year...all ignore by the "consensus" liars.

however I will say that I know the polls are shifting as we warm out of the last ice age.

#34     Jun 9, 2014
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I doubt I can find any arguments that the Earth's orbit, or the Sun's cycle, has changed very much in 100 years.

#35     Jun 9, 2014
  6. We grow weary of your lying and bullshit.

It's very simple jerm. CO2 is a GHG and we have raised it's levels by 40%. Even you can understand what that means.

And yes, polls are shifting. People are finally starting to realize that the science community is correct.

#36     Jun 9, 2014
  7. jem

jem

I present scientific papers and I illustrate your lack of science.

#37     Jun 9, 2014
  8. jem

jem

cmon... send an email to krugman. He can make ups some agw baloney for you and then conclude it could be fixed by more govt spending and taxation.

#38     Jun 9, 2014
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Exactly. The argument that those factors have changed significantly in 100 years, enough to warm the oceans into releasing CO2 levels not seen in 800k years, would have to be made up.

Thank you for mentioning the bit about government spending and taxes, it's a reminder that you begin with your values and work "backwards" through the data.

#39     Jun 9, 2014

10. Bingo.

#40     Jun 9, 2014