16 year old new to trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rsoxs19, Jan 2, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

My advice was commentary on an aggregate bigger picture.
    This kid could be an orphan logging in from a Pizza Hut in Bangladesh for all I know.

He loves stocks? Follow his passion.
    Want open doors?..... Education is the only way.
    Don't touch alcohol, drugs, and never pick up that first cigarette. And don't have a kid until you can support them and give them more than you have had.

Pardon my sarcasm in previous posts, but the thread is more than likely click-bait and I posted as such.

If its for real.... read the above.

And to the OP..... study fundamental analysis.... I don't care how many super phd mathematicians are out there trying to beat the markets.... in the end.... Fundamentals win. This is why there are markets in the first place.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    #61     Jan 3, 2017
    Visaria and Overnight like this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Nobody rang the "Surf" bell here.

#62     Jan 3, 2017
  3. algofy

algofy

??

#63     Jan 3, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

You're Surf right?

#64     Jan 3, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

(Bolding mine.)
    Man I am starting to see that clearer and clearer. Kudos.

(Isn't that like the old tortoise and the hare story? Slow and steady always wins the race?)

#65     Jan 3, 2017
  6. algofy

algofy

Lol no I'm not surf. Please don't do this and ruin yet another thread.

#66     Jan 3, 2017
  7. Rsoxs19

Rsoxs19

Wow, i'm amazed at all of the responses. There was a lot of great advice throughout the thread. Im not really sure how to react except thank everyone very much. Yes I am a guy and I guess you could call me weird if you want. I could care less. Il try to be a step ahead of my peers I guess. This doesn't come without its consequences though. While many of my peers are out having fun and not having a care in the world Im constantly stressed over grades and especially college. Just thinking about it makes me tense up and get a little sick over it actually. My dream college would be NYU than stern but that's a stretch. My plan moving forward for a little while will be to start reading books about trading and to make a daily journal. Il try to learn as much as I can with practice money and hopefully move to real money soon. As for the few people who have said I should go to my dad, he doesn't know anything about stocks. He runs his own small flooring company so il be the first in the family to do this. Thanks again!

#67     Jan 3, 2017
    johnnyrock, sle, Robert Morse and 3 others like this.
  8. pinabetal

pinabetal

Whatever you do don't listen to comagnum. He just might call you a clown! ROFLMAO

#68     Jan 4, 2017
  9. Xela

Xela

I suspect they're actually "retrojecting" rather than projecting. And that's even less reliable, perhaps, because it's all too easy to fail to appreciate how much society has changed - quite apart from themselves changing - since they were 16. (For some of us, it's not all that long ago, so that factor's perhaps less significant?)

Well, not the third one, in my case, but I hear you ...

LOL ... I had no social skills then and have none now, either (but that's mostly because I have Asperger's syndrome).

No programming skills necessary at all, certainly (people with coding skills, ultimately, are working for people with trading skills), but knowledge and understanding of probability theory and statistics are very necessary, in my opinion, both for trading specifically and for coping with everyday life in general. Just my perspective.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm really not. On the contrary, I have gradually, eventually managed to turn my mental state to my advantage by acquiring highly paid skills, and there's nothing "nasty" about that. Nor was there any disadvantage at all in having started at a younger-than-average age.

Sounds a very good plan, to me. (I was stuck on demo for too long, being unable to open a funded account until I was 18, though in the long run that did me no harm). Good luck and good wishes to you. Shout if you want help, and try not to let the irrelevant forum aspersions put you off. :)

#69     Jan 4, 2017
  10. Trading is a business. It needs business coaching from a business coach, which is generally rare to find. A few very few books on trading may act as a business coach to some extent.

This is my thread intended to provide a basic level of business coaching for traders.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/day-trading-basics.305348

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    #70     Jan 4, 2017