16 year old new to trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rsoxs19, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Arnie

Arnie

At the end of the day it's still human emotion that drives the markets. All that other stuff is just a way to filter it.

#131     Jan 5, 2018
  2. %%
    I wish i had read trading/investing books @14,+Ela, about that time i was gambling in pool halls for $00.25+......LOL [My banker dad a had a championship book on playing pool, not that most bankers play pool in pool hall/gamble-they dont,LOL] The fact that most businesses or traders/system buyers/traders lose money, i cant help that. i still find IBD weekly/charts + newspaper helpful; but about 95 % of the stuff i see in Financial Times or Wall Street Journal i find UN-helpful
    I seldom return a trading book; like one discretionary trader noted, with discretion,''i recognized truth in his voice:caution:'':caution::cool::cool:

#132     Jan 8, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  3. Visaria

Visaria

I've read the FT, on and off, for over 20 years....it's never made me a penny.

#133     Jan 8, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Butterball

Butterball

Stop that now. It's counter productive. Work towards a top 1% SAT score. That's what you should focus on right now.

Read. A lot.

If you want to trade, no matter what style of investing or trading you choose, I recommend to read these books ONCE A YEAR. Each year, as you gain experience, you will gain new insights. What appeared cryptic during year one or two will make sense after year five in the markets.

1. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
    2. All the Schwager interview books

On a side-node, stop wishing you work for a big bank in NYC. You have no idea if you will actually enjoy that; maybe you'd hate it, maybe you'd love it. Don't be one of those thousand newcomers who dream of a specific job, train half their life for it, get themselves into 20+ years of debt, only to find out they actually hate their supposed dream job. Get into a good college and get summer internships with banks to try it out. That'll give you a pretty good idea if you're going to enjoy it as a career.

When you're there, look at the senior staff who work there for 5, 7 or 10 years. How do they look? Healthy? Happy? Or stressed out, angry, obese, red-eyed with signs of substance abuse? How do they treat you (the clueless nobody)? Do they enjoy teaching you or do they enjoy making fun of you? Then, and only then, carefully make up your mind if that's who you want to be in 7-12 years time.

#134     Jan 8, 2018
    comagnum and murray t turtle like this.
  5. As you amy know stock being the centralized market has its own standard criteria which you should maintain while investing. Now what I can say that you should acquire professional knowledge about the stock market in any college or you can take the help of online trading course also. Or if you want to learn about stock market practically, you can invest in smaller lot and learn by trading in the market practically.

#135     Jan 9, 2018
  6. solonz

solonz

Thank You for such a detailed, and generous donation of your time in putting together this informative list. Very much appreciated!

#136     Feb 21, 2018
    Xela and SimpleMeLike like this.
  7. %% LOL; but you have to use discernment:D:cool: As far as trading books; a small sample never helped much. LOL

#137     Feb 22, 2018
  8. Sprout

Sprout

Murray, why do your posts always start with two percentage symbols?

#138     Feb 22, 2018
    Visaria and murray t turtle like this.
  9. %%%
    NOT always, Mr Sprout; its like 95% +/:D:D. Someone else, she asked 95% + one?? No its 95% more or less.

#139     Feb 22, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  10. Sprout

Sprout

So it’s not some type of forum aggregator for parsing and just personal style?

#140     Feb 22, 2018