16 year old new to trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rsoxs19, Jan 2, 2017.

1. %%
    Rso19,my favorites include ''How To Maker Money In Stocks +How To Make Money Selling Stocks Short'' by IBD founder ,William O Neil+ All Jack Scwager's Top Trading books, Proverbs. investors.com Better to buy some books first.Nice uptrend on AAPL..............

#91     Mar 23, 2017
  2. Wise women knows that real power is true love. Stupid women craves for money power.

A wise man knows that real treasure is in passion for life. Money may come and go. Passion comes and stays forever, empowering him to achieve his goals and ambitions.

Stupid men talk about money, power and women. They have low esteem about themselves and women. Pathetic.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    #92     Mar 24, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Great post @Xela,

I would like to start well recommended books with quality.

How do I determine if a book has been "peer-reviewed" and "quality controlled" ? What is the steps you use to perform due diligence on a book you are about to invest in.

We can use Profitability & Systematic Trading (Michael Harris) for example.

Thank you kindly.

#93     Jul 23, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  4. Learn to program focus on api's. Doesn't matter where you learn to program, just learn C, C++, Java, c#, python, etc. Master programming, takes years. Then take tony's advice. Everybody likes icecream lol

#94     Jul 23, 2017
  5. Joe_D

Joe_D

Good attitude, keep it up. Welcome :)

I your Apple bias buy or sell?

#95     Jul 24, 2017
  6. 2weels

2weels

Great post.

#96     Aug 14, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  7. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Get that education, you will need it.
    You'll need a job to gather capital to trade if you happen to trade at home, and the highest paying require education.
    In finance, you shouldn't trend follow and get an MBA. Right now, the MFE degree is what hiring managers want. And if you're smart enough you could get into Columbia and enter into their quant program.
    Many Wallstreet & Chicago elite went to Ivy's so know what you're up against.
    Unfortunately on an application, state college isn't at the top of the pile.

Prop desks aren't really as fun as movies make it seem, and you will work very long hours. But, sales & trading make the absolute most money.

Your journey is going to be very long and very hard so you must stay focused and go get your dream.
    Don't ever let anyone kill your dream.

Good luck.

#97     Aug 18, 2017
  8. 777

Not at all!

Big money is made by traders and firms that rely heavily on programming/ trading.

Learn To Code is advice I have heard many, including Gates, give to young people in many areas of life.

Please Google: "Renaissance Technologies" and also "Ray Dalio/ Bridgewater"

We are talking many, many billions made with programming, testing, trading.

If you do learn about the market and hopefully coding, be sure to apply to Renaissance Technologies, Bridgewater. Sesqhanna.

Btw- Renaissance does not hire Finance, Econ, MBA types. They hire coders, scientists, math types.

#98     Sep 21, 2017
  9. 777

Find a truly winning trader who you can learn from- in person, if possible. Mentors help.

As you grow, seek the wisdom of more than master.

Work hard and smart.

Be in relationships. Be around the right people: People whose behaviors are better than yours.

Stay away from the wrong people. Be aware of treachery, deceit and scams.

Be skeptical but learn to listen.

Be a good person. Be good to people.
    _____

Try To Make Personal Contact With People Who Trade For A Living

If you find a winning trader ask to work for him doing anything at all. Query trading firms to see if you can work for them during the summer.

Be aware that many people are liars. Many hustlers will want to sell you high priced education.
    ______

You will be in school for awhile, make the most of it:

Take statistics and rake coding.

You will need electives anyway. Why not?
    ____

Regarding the stocks you bought: Hold them as investments.

You have little chance at all to do anything at all but lose if you start selling and buying and buying and selling. You will lose to trading costs, slippage, higher short term gains taxes, etc.
    ______

Watch Utube videos of the highly successful people to see how they think about life and money:

Warren Buffett, Ray Dalio, James Simons of Technologies. I would tag and listen to these three. 10 minutes here and there.

(Note that I have not listed hustler daytrading gurus who are selling a service)
    ______

Ray Dalio, founder of the world's largest hedge fund just released a book: Principles.

This is a book about how to think well from a fellow who made many mistakes, made lots of money, made history.

This is a book about how to successfully navigate life as well as make money.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    #99     Sep 21, 2017
  10. Coders are dime a dozen offshore. I know many stupid programmers. Become a sme learn to trade profitably develop algos, Hire programmers

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    #100     Sep 21, 2017
    ValueNGrowth, tortoise and comagnum like this.