16 and want to be a trader!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zYzzYva, Jan 13, 2008.

1. EeG

EeG

Hello, I am sorry about offtopic, but I also want to clear some education things.
    I am 18 years old and I need to choose what to do after High school (5 months left).
    I have been trading since 14. Started
    in my country stock exchange, then went to other European exchanges, but now (about half year) I am trading in USA.
    I have been thinking about two variants:
    1) go studying finances, then try to get job in investments or trading. But I know (I hope I am wrong) I would
    have little chance to become financial independent sooner then I die. And a lot of my life time will be some monkey business hoping about time
    when I maybe would get golden parashoot :D .
    2) Next variant is studying in military academy in my country or in other European state (also there are possibilities to study in USA academies), get rank and arrange my self and my mind. But also this variant
    could not grant freedom, but I hope this can later help in my trading.
    I would not ask here this question, but my parents are negatively mooded about my choices, they say I need to become engineer. :D
    Thanks a lot, and I wish you all great profits!
    P.S if there are some understandable sentences I will try to explain them other way. :D

#11     Jan 13, 2008
  2. You can predict the course of an asteroid but not the irrational behavior of humans, so maths are definitely not the ultimate key to be a successful trader.

#12     Jan 13, 2008
  3. One of these companies you should write to is :

http://www.unicredit-tiriac.ro/

Write directly to Ion Tiriac...Most probably you know who he is...:) :) :)

Good luck and keep us informed about your experiences !

When you attend Cass school you should should make the acquaintance of these two gentlemen :

Harry M. Kat (Cass Business School, City University, London) and Helder P. Palaro (PhD Student, Cass Business School, City University, London)

La revedere!
    :)

#13     Jan 15, 2008
  4. I think being in the military is an excellent way to groom yourself to be a trader.....too bad shit is so fucked up these days. But you just learn stuff that makes you do what you have to do to succeed. It's hard to explain. Military academy in theory will offer some of these benefits...is this actual military, or just military style academy, if that makes sense? Great choice in my opinion, but your mileage may vary. Best of luck. in whatever you do

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. Ah, I think you are directing your post to the wrong person. I am a retired professional and unfortunately I am far from 16 years old. while I appreciate your generous advice, it is probably not appropriate for me.

For those unfamiliar with Ion Tiriac, he was a Romanian tennis pro who upon retirement became a promotor of young tennis stars. Mr. Tiriac has enjoyed much success in business, however there is significant controversy about his activities as can be seen in the following link...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070329224525AA8iakX

Personally this is not the path I would take, but I leave all that to others.

#15     Jan 15, 2008
  6. I'm surprised that guy didn't turn up face down in his pool or something.

#16     Jan 15, 2008