15B for the Automakers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TGregg, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Humpy

Humpy

The plans for re-constructing the old East German Trabant should be available to Alan " the mule " Dulally at a price lol

#41     Dec 10, 2008
  2. Shaqi

Shaqi

Where is the sense in a market rally under these conditions ?

#42     Dec 10, 2008
  3. market looks ahead, shaq

#43     Dec 10, 2008
  4. Hey retard. Those foreign carmakers employ more people in USA than the worthless Big 3 Autos who have been having perpetual layoffs cause the corporate execs and union execs are short on funds to embezzle.

Here is a newsflash. This country is already broke and been broke for quite a while.

I'm doing great with my short. I shorted worthless dollars (as well as other fiats). Thanks for being the bagholder.

#44     Dec 10, 2008
  5. richrf

richrf

It's broke because for the last 10 years, Bush has been following your advice - i.e. send profits and jobs overseas. What the heck. People can just sit around in front of a tube and make money by buying stocks and homes, and just watch them go up. What a laugh. I think most people are a little tired of these naive, fundamentally silly views. They are so silly, it is amazing 50% of our country believed them. On the otherhand, 35% actually thought Palin was qualified - for a bathing beauty contest maybe? Time for change.

#45     Dec 10, 2008
  6. Rich,

Just when I thought I was out, you pulled me back in...

Unlike some others here, I want to keep this civil. After all, your opinions represent ~55% of the country's, so I think it's important to understand one another's viewpoint.

I'm trying to use logic in arguing that failed businesses should be allowed to go under. You retort with with some kind of rant about Limbaugh and Bush. What's that about? I happen to think that anybody who runs for office is a charlatan of the highest caliber. The only change your boy Obama will bring is that now it will be the Dems robbing us blind instead of the GOP.

I want a strong America every bit as much as you do. But we don't gain strength by taking resources from profitable businesses (which is how tax dollars are derived) and sending them to businesses that just can't seem to get it together--year after year and decade after decade. Let's put my strong (Milton Friedman) belief that the government has no business being in our economic affairs aside for the time being. If the G is going to meddle, then it should at least do so where there is a chance that it will actually bring about some good. Let's put money into stem cell research, battery technology, etc. Then let's train all those GM employees to do research or assemble new batteries or dig ditches (the country needs ditch diggers too).

I think I've chosen to participate in this thread, Rich, because you represent the American who always believes in his government (provided the politician has the correct letter in front of his name--either an R or a D). Why don't you put your faith in the American people instead? Every time this country is fed up with the situation in Washington (every four or eight years), we swing to the other side with great fervor. Then you know what happens? Nothing! Our other pocket is picked, the debt continues to grow, and empty suits in Washington continue to promise change.

If you really put that much faith in your government, then I feel really sorry for you because you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

polr

#46     Dec 12, 2008