15B for the Automakers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TGregg, Dec 5, 2008.

1. richrf

richrf

Bankruptcy would be a complete collapse of sales, hundreds of thousands of workers being laid off (directly and indirectly), and all of those people would stop buying bringing down thousands of more companies that are on the brink. On top of that unemployment insurance costs would skyrocket as would other government mandated benefits. Basically, we would be revisiting 1930s because we would be doing EXACTLY what Hoover did. However, there are people in this country who would make a fortune on the demise of our manufacturing base, and they are rooting for collapse, just so they can make a few bucks. Despicable.

#11     Dec 7, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

That money will be flushed down the toilet faster than a Saturday morning turd after attending a Friday night chili party.

#12     Dec 7, 2008
  3. harkm

harkm

I actually believe the country would rejoice that FINALLY the country has made a stand and that if you run a company poorly you are gone. The GM brand or Ford brand would be alive and well and there will be investors picking up the pieces quickly. The old way of doing business will be gone and GM will finally be able to complete. All that other stuff is just scare tactics.

#13     Dec 7, 2008
  4. There.....now maybe we can get the new PEOPLES car from the next administration. Government and corporations are blending together from a CREATED economic financial grid takedown....ENJOY the RESULTS!!! :eek:

Lets see, a government INFLUENCED/MANDATED new PEOPLES car will probably be a car like the dodge caliber with a battery filling up the hatch, a 113 mile range, and about 82 Hp.......LOL!!! :D

#14     Dec 7, 2008
  5. richrf

richrf

Great news! I think we are turning the corner. Bad news for hedge funds that are short. Great news for manufacturing in America! I am hoping for the best and looking forward to rebuilding our economy - instead of feeding the economies of China, Japan, Russia, and the Middle East.

#15     Dec 7, 2008
  6. harkm

harkm

Ok, now you are getting rediculous. Manufacturing in America will only grow when they can produce better products at better prices. Seriously, how can people get so off track? So basically, you favor the governent controlling everything? It scares the hell out of me that people actually believe this stuff.

#16     Dec 7, 2008
  7. You seriously have to stop. You think this will in any way help American manufacturing (for more than about 3 months)? Theres nothing to build anyway, nobody wants to buy cars right now - especially American.
    Are you a member of Congress or something?

#17     Dec 7, 2008
  8. richrf

richrf

What a laugh. Like the governments of China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Europe, don't support their transportation industries. What we have here, is a bunch of hedge funds and shorts who are making a ton of money by helping to bring down our manufacturing base, financial infrastructure, and our united political base (via their paid of Republican and media mouthpieces), and it seems they aren't satisfied, until the only industry left in the U.S. is Right Wing talk radio and the biggest Mouth of them all, Limbaugh who is paid off with $100 millions to continue his harangue against American workers and American producers. I'm for going Long on American workers, producers, and Investors.

#18     Dec 7, 2008
  9. richrf

richrf

There are plenty of ways for America to build, to improve, to expand and grow, in efficient (not wasteful) and thoughtful ways, that will benefit all of America, and not just a few money hungry Shorts. It seems like the Right Wing has just three things on their agenda:

1) To build Walls (like Russia use to do)
    2) To bring down any last remaining industry we may have in the U.S., so they can make a few more bucks.
    3) To create disunity, in order to continue to justify their wasteful, non-productive existence (Limbaugh)

What a waste.

#19     Dec 7, 2008
  10. I completely agree with you, except that by keeping existing management, unions, and getting input from the government conflicts with the whole "efficiency" and "growth" concept.

#20     Dec 7, 2008